Dug Call Options May 31 Strike At 2.20 Price!

Discussion in 'Options' started by BlueStreek, Apr 19, 2008.

1. What do you think of this trade over the next month, should I be aggressive, and go for the big drop, or take a quick profit when oil drops to 112 on dollar strength/profit taking stops being hit? Interested in different experienced takes?

2. Doug kass has been very good the last few months. I find if you catch one of these guys with a hot hand, it lasts a while.

He's long DUG

3. lol doug kass has the worst track record of anyone i've seen on wall steet since 2003. he was short gs in the $60's in 2003 and got killed. he shorted the home builders 2 different times from 2003-2005 and both times they doubled on him. he's basically a perma bear that got lucky he was short when we fell. now that he made a little he's got cocky and is bottom fishing and feels like he's a great trader. i bet the past 5 years he's down 50% min.

4. Don't buy here, DUG wants to go lower, to at least 26.65.

5. From yahoo ETF description

The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, which correspond to twice the inverse of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Oil & Gas index.

You are buying the inverse of stocks in an Index.

6. gobar

gobar

I am waiting for earning from XOM, CVX, COP..

they will go up before earnings and dug will go lower..

once earnings r out u can buy dug..

i got crushed for holding dug when it was 35.

i will wait till 28

7. I am waiting for earning from XOM, CVX, COP.

2 of those are near their chart highs, the third is close.......they have increased costs as well, with any refinery exposure, and their costs for finding any new oil are at all time high levels.

8. you don't get a k-1 with dug or dig or the rest of the pro fund etf''s do you? i'm reading horror stories on uso and dba commodity etf' were people are getting crazy k=1's when they hardly made any money trading them.

9. My first possible buy point hit on DUG. But man you need balls of steel to go against these oil stocks right now. I will wait for a better buy point at $26.27 and also signs of some kind of weakness.

#10     May 19, 2008