Duel data feeds

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by shovel52, Sep 24, 2003.

1. shovel52

shovel52

I am using tradestation 2000i and was wondering if someone knew how to take an incoming data feed and split it to two
    computers? I find it very difficult to trade with the charting
    and the brokerage platform on the same computer. I remember
    reading where you could use an exell file in some way. If anyone has done this I would appreciate the input. thanks John

2. I don't know how you can split the data feed, but what about adding a second vide card and monitor to your computer?

you can then run your brokerage on one screen, and your data feed on the other. One keyboard and mouse, but two places to view it all.

3. H2O

H2O

I currently run 1 computer with 4 screens,used to have more but reduced the number of monitors because I had the problem that things got messed up. (I had to search for my mouse)

So now I have 1 computer 4 monitors which is (for me) the max you can handle with 1 keyboard / mouse. I'm thinking about getting a second computer for web surfing etc. and using this one only for trading.

If you are running both through the same internet connection, perhaps you can run multiple instances of your feed ? (Never tried it myself)