Dudes! I am on Elite Trader from Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Feb 6, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Hehe,

I am at a local Starbucks browsing the Internet! I just verified that I can log on to Interactive Brokers as well as my other brokers!!

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone would mind if traded spoos from Starbucks and I had my squawk blasting continously?

nitro :cool:

2. nitro

nitro

Holy cow!

I just did a speed test and got 925 kbps download and 1340 kbps upload!

nitro

3. nitro

nitro

Ugh,

Too bad, they close in five minutes.

I got some PM's. Here are the details:

I am in Chicago. About 75% of all SB have Internet access here. All I did was go into a Starbucks, get a brochure from T-Mobile. Set my wireless 802.11b SSID to tmobile. Make sure you do dhcp and also get DNS servers from the dchp server as well. Once it is working, the browser automatically takes you to the t-mobile website, http://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot.

Once there, you can choose three plans. I chose the promotional plan that allows me to use the Internet in for one twenty four hour period. I chose "pay as you go" plan just to test it out. Later, I can upgrade to the "unlimited" plans.

Apparently, they have this at airports and other public places.

nitro :cool:

4. Josh_B

Josh_B

thanks for the info!

Josh

5. Just use headphones and don't throw your coffee at others if a trade goes bad.

6. I can't believe you'll be able to trade only with a laptop. You'll need to bring your whole office in...

Maybe pay them extra tip to give you permission to setup 8 moniters in the middle of the store...

7. msfe

msfe

8. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

... Or in the town where I have one of my offices you can just log onto the free wireless system that broadcasts downtown while sitting in a park (70 degrees or so in california now)......

9. And what town would that be?

Jay

#10     Feb 7, 2003