Dude doesnt sound like he's stepping down

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Pride.

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. I was under the impression that if he a stepped down his wealth would be considered ill gotten gains by the international community and the property of Egypt.

#12     Feb 10, 2011
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

Could it be he remembers the bloodthirstiness of some Egyptians, ie. the fate of Sadat. He could wind up on the end of a rope like Hussein.

#13     Feb 10, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

I was thinking it was that he is unable to let the power go just like Saddam. But if Kal-El is right about the money he may be trying to figure out how to avoid that problem first. It seems some of these guys will run and others will stay until they are killed.

#14     Feb 10, 2011
  5. Perhaps other Arab leaders are telling him not to just walk away because they don't want Egypt to set a precedence and have this protest thing spread to other Arab nations.

#15     Feb 10, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

I have seen pride ruin many men in the stock market..... I have yet to see a 70 billion dollar position go south cause some dickwad had full faith in ENRON..... If you know what i mean.... :D

He didnt invest all of his money in the Iraqi Denar......

#16     Feb 10, 2011
  7. Usually I respect your opinion but I think it's highly likely mubarack will find his bank (even swiss )accounts frozen.

#17     Feb 10, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

You are right, infact i deleted my original response. What i think will happen is that he will end up in some random country who is willing to take him. 70 billion has alot of staying power. Thats all i was getting at, and i apologise for my initial aggressive approach. My argument is not coming out properly at this point.

#18     Feb 10, 2011
  9. No, this may come as a surprise to most of you, but you know, Egypt is an actual, like, country, and it's got, you know, patriots.
    From Wikipedia:

As far as he's concerned, he's a war hero, and he is going to die and be buried in the land he served.
    For those who may be interested, a real analysis of the Egyptian regime and what drives it: Egyptian Regime: Not Anyone's Puppet

PS: The above is not meant to be an apologia for Mubarak's regime or his present behavior. It's meant merely to educate.

#19     Feb 10, 2011
  10. It's cool :cool:

I guess I could have worded it a little better originally , myself :(

#20     Feb 10, 2011