Dubai World Says It Is in ‘Constructive’ Debt Talks With Banks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 1) $26-billion is "chump change"......unless the bad debt has been underreported.
    2) The next big sell-off is scheduled for Monday, January 4th, 2010. Be there! :cool:

2. The words "logical" and "market" do not belong in the same sentence together.

3. :D

4. Corelio

Corelio

Early in November 2009, the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, who is also prime minister of the UAE, broke into English in a press conference to declare “I want to tell those people who nag about Dubai and Abu Dhabi to shut up”. He also announced that he was proud of Dubai World and its “long term commercial success”, feeling that the worst was now over for its financial problems.

:p

5. Funny, how fast the panic disappeared. 48 hours. Nobody recalling anymore the "fat finger" button...

6. S2007S

S2007S

I think it was only around 35 hours, if these kind of problems can be fixed within hours I think there is a major problem for the entire financial market place in the future.

7. These'll be rather one sided credit talks. Dubai World is primarily invested in Dubai real estate. If credit talks fail the good Sheikh will just nationalize those assets and leave the creditors to fight for some of the crumbs that are left from Dubai World's foreign holdings. The debt isn't guaranteed because it's not the Sheikh's problem what happens to the debt since most of the brick and mortar that it bought is in his little Sheikhdom.

On the other hand, if these credit talks fail HSBC will fail. So do the math.

8. bgp

bgp

good point ferdinand & s2007 . chump change ? i dont think so.

bp