Dubai Trader | Virtual Trading Buddy

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Louis Winthorpe, Jun 24, 2018.

1. expiated

expiated

I don’t disagree at all except that I would say to have a winning plan—and at least for me personally, that did not come without a bit of trial and error, and over about a four to six year period, depending on how you look at it.

#11     Jun 30, 2018
    Louis Winthorpe likes this.
  2. Thanks for the response. I had honestly lost hope!

I'll respond to your comments.

1) Warrior Trading. I just read the full review on tradingschools.org, thanks for that. Most of it was not new to me because I'm a cynic by nature but, admittedly, I fell into the trap.

Anyway, I don't want to regret it entirely and it's fair to say there have been a few positives: Firstly, the cost of the course will be rebated to me by Lightspeed Trading through reduced commissions until the Warrior Pro fee is paid back. Of course this won't matter if I lose anyway but whatever. Secondly, the course and material is more useful than actually watching Ross trade; which, I agree, would lead to a slow death. Could I have found the same material for free? Definitely but it's been good to listen and watch someone explain things. Thirdly, if I've learned anything at all, it's how to actually navigate and use trading software, hot keys etc. Was it the best $2400 I ever spent, no, but it hasn't been a complete waste. Suffice to say I won't renew the subscription but I've taken exactly what I need from it and left the dangerous stuff at the door.

2 & 3) Again, I had to start somewhere and equities required even less basic understanding than Options or Futures but I would be very interested in learning more about both and Forex. Thanks for the advice anyway.

4) I certainly agree. I keep bringing up poker but it's the exact same. If you're a competent poker player and put in enough time and hands, you win in the long run. Fact, because it isn't gambling.

5) This is an interesting concept and I'm reading about this is Covel's book, The Complete Turtle Trader. I'll probably ask you more about this privately if that's ok.

6) I'm still learning this but I have high hopes because, guess what, it's identical to poker in terms of risk management, playing your game and not deviating from it, not having any leaks as we say in poker.

Anyway, thanks so much for the insight and I'll get in touch privately if you don't mind!

#12     Jun 30, 2018
  3. swatson

swatson

Sure, you can reach out

#13     Jul 1, 2018
    ammari00 likes this.
  4. Ricky_G

Ricky_G

Hi, I'm also a based in Dubai and have been trading since 2012. Been in the UAE for the last 4 years having moved from the UK. I mainly trade US equities but I'm more of a position trader, with typical position holding times of weeks / months. Would be happy to discuss further with you if you're interested, I've been searching for fellow traders in the UAE for some time and never really found anyone else

#14     Aug 5, 2018
    ammari00 likes this.