Dubai shock after debt standstill call

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ES closed approx. 1085 today on GLOBEX, down 2.2%. Europe down 3.5%.

Martin Luther King day 2008 (Jerome Kerviel Day) I believe we got a Fed rate cut right into the open after the holiday, just in time to save the day. I presume this won't happen this time around :cool:

#31     Nov 26, 2009
  2. ^^^:D

#32     Nov 26, 2009
  3. He, he. I don´t expect the region to gow down. But sovereign CDS traders had their fun in the last couple of days. Any chance for Barclays et al to refinance / restructure some of this "toxic" bond stuff ?

#33     Nov 26, 2009
  4. #34     Nov 26, 2009
  5. This is how the fed will take over the world as long as dollar is reserve currency and you go bankrupt or debt fed will give you cash as long as you do what they want. This is basically turning into an electronic system of controls.

#35     Nov 26, 2009
  6. I get the impression that the buyers of European equities lately have been from US. With US markets closed and likely some black boxes/HFT algos shut off, European stocks take a dive on this 'news' which was already known yesterday.

#36     Nov 26, 2009
  7. Same reason they lend money to people with little income to buy expensive homes...

#37     Nov 26, 2009
  8. #38     Nov 26, 2009
  9. wait until those <b>fuckers</b> in the UK, specifically, RBS, BARC, HSBC along with the german <b>arschlochs</b> DB and the french <b>connards</b> SG and BNP start announcing they have dubai trash in their books and need a fucking bailout from the respective governments.

TOO FUCKING MORONIC TO FAIL

#39     Nov 26, 2009
  10. This is BS right? Where did you get this from?

#40     Nov 26, 2009