Dual Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tito, Jun 9, 2005.

1. tito

tito

I just installed a dual video card by nvidia on my spare computer running Windows 98. Both monitors are on but I am unable to drag my cursor to the other screen. Does anyone know what further adjustments I should do to make both monitors/screens work? Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Tito

2. gnome

gnome

By "... both monitors being on", I presume you mean that both are lit up, not just powered on?

Check the placement of your monitors in Display/Settings. Perhaps the setting is for the 2nd monitor to be on the other side of your primary?

3. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

MY COMPUTER>CONTROL PANEL>DISPLAY>SETTINGS, check box 'extend windows onto this monitor' or something like that.

List your card number. Some with DVI & analog ports will just show the same desktop, and are not truely dual monitor.

4. gnome

gnome

If that were the case, wouldn't the mouse cursor show up the same on both monitors?

5. tito

tito

Thanks gnome and Mr. NBBO. Monitors are now working the way I want them to. I knew posting my question here is a lot better than calling their tech support!
    Thanks again very much.