Dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by itrader1, Mar 23, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

I dunno if this helps ya Gnome, but I've got 6 Samsung 191Ts (LCDs) - two are on anal and four are on digital. The difference is huge, IMO.

#11     Mar 24, 2003
  2. gnome

gnome

I believe you, but as I look at my analog I honestly can't imagine how it could be MUCH sharper.

#12     Mar 24, 2003
  3. jay567

jay567

i'm using an analog crt and an digital lcd so the difference is huge.

there's not much of a difference between analog and digital lcds... i actually got my buddy to bring over his analog sony lcd to compare with my digital nec... the digital nec seems to be a little sharper and a little brighter but otherwise not really any difference.

#13     Mar 24, 2003
  4. gnome

gnome

Thanks. That's what I suspected.

#14     Mar 24, 2003
  5. Woody

Woody

I would agree with this. I have had two dell 17" LCDs for about one year now. They have both digital and analog connectors. I have one of the monitors connected with the DVI connectors and one connected with the analog connectors. I can hardly notice a difference between the two.

#15     Mar 24, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

You don't have shadows on your analog ones? Hmmm, maybe I need some better cables or something. . .

#16     Mar 24, 2003
  7. jay567

jay567

for some reason dvi cables are pretty expensive - at least compared to analog ones.

my nec didn't come with a dvi cable only the 15pin so i had to call around to find one. half the stores i called didn't even know what a dvi cable was and the other half didn't carry them. i didn't feel like placing an online order just for a cable so i got one of the small independents to order one for me.

#17     Mar 24, 2003
  8. TGregg

TGregg

So you have DVI cables from your computer to the analog inputs on your LCDs?:confused:

#18     Mar 24, 2003
  9. jay567

jay567

there are very few pure digital monitors... most lcds are analog and some have both analog and digital outputs... my lcd supports both analog and digital and has two different outputs... nec lcds don't come with both cables (cheap bastards) so i had to find a store that sold dvi cables.

#19     Mar 24, 2003
  10. Woody

Woody

Nope, no shadows. I used the cables that Dell provided with the monitors. I don't know what the quality of their cables are, but they have worked fine for me.

#20     Mar 24, 2003