Dual monitors so simple

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by action, Nov 8, 2002.

1. action

action

I have not used more than two monitors for quite some time, however I am sure these guys will talk to you about your need if you were to start another thread. Take care there!

#11     Nov 12, 2002
  2. prox

prox

#12     Nov 27, 2002
  3. sunnie

sunnie

It would be great to add 2 more flat panels....however, wouldn't I be giving up speed if I already have an AGP Bus type (nvidia GeForce 4) and switch to this PCI Bus type?:confused:

#13     Nov 28, 2002
  4. DTK

DTK

IMO - Not enough to affect your trading.

-D

PS - Happy Thanksgiving.

#14     Nov 28, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

No.

nitro

#15     Nov 28, 2002
  6. Nanoseconds at best, or at worst! :)

#16     Nov 28, 2002
  7. sunnie

sunnie

and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, DTK...
    and to EVERYONE on ET....

:p :p :p :p

#17     Nov 28, 2002
  8. m22au

m22au

#18     Nov 28, 2002
  9. Phreedm

Phreedm

I've been searching for an inexpensive video card that would support dual monitors and stumbled across an ATI 7500 for 80.00 at Best Buy.
    Very easy to install. The only draw back would be one monitor output is for a 15 pin monitor, while the other one is for a 21 pin monitor. For another 8 bucks plus shipping I obtained the adapter.
    Just for another choice....nothing like dual monitors. I can see how a few more would make things even better.

#19     Nov 28, 2002
  10. chasmann

chasmann

"I am choosing between two different Matrox cards -
    Millenium G450 and the Millenium G550

One of the few differences between the two is that the G550 only comes in AGP, whereas the G450 is available in both AGP and PCI.

What are the pros and cons of a AGP versus PCI?"

AGP is accelerated graphics port, so if you have an open AGP slot use it for your new card. It will not be faster enough to see any difference in a trading computer but will leave one PCI port open that you may need in the future (modem, high speed port for satellite data delivery, etc,).
    Chuck.

#20     Nov 28, 2002