dual monitors and profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Nov 9, 2002.

1. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

Wouldn't it be better to use an electric clock, or maybe a battery operated on in case of a power outage? Keys get lost all the time, and locksmiths are costly.

#31     Nov 12, 2002
  2. trader3

trader3

If you read his question closely, you'll see he asked if it was much easier. I think he is trying to justify the costs. If a lot of the responses were "it's easier, but not a huge difference" he probably would feel justified in not investing in another monitor or two at this time. It doesn't sound like such a dumb question for someone who hasn't experienced a multiple monitor setup and may be concerned about the cost.

#32     Nov 12, 2002
  3. Boomer

Boomer

i was wondering how long it took you multi-monitor traders to become comfortable looking at numerous monitors. it is something i know i want to do, but i was wondering how long the transition was to being comfortable with all the information that becomes availible when you have multiple monitors?

#33     Nov 12, 2002
  4. So well put - it is so easy to miss - you have to find the comfortable mean between not seeing enought o watching too much - that is all up to the individual.

#34     Nov 12, 2002
  5. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

i use 6 flat screen 17"s and am upgrading to 4 21"s and keeping 2 of the 17"s this week. its essential to my style of trading. who gives a shit about spending around $1000 on monitors when that is what i can net out in one morning's action???? you have to spend money to make money. i would say 4 monitors is the least that you would want- that is the absolute minimum that i could ever use......

#35     Nov 12, 2002
  6. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

I don't think that the monitors on ET are very fair, and sometimes they are quite rude.

#36     Nov 12, 2002
  7. yenzen

yenzen

haha, you thik you big man, I use 8 20" flat screen monitor with big robot arm connect all of dem. I make you little room look like child play

#37     Nov 12, 2002
  8. I'm working on a system where you don't need a clock. If you want to buy it let me know, otherwise I am going to auction it off on e bay. I got $20 there for my monitor. That's why I wish I was using dual monitors.

#38     Nov 12, 2002
  9. Beer Man

Beer Man

mcdicksmokey is worthless......talks shit, is a wannabe....fuck smokey

#39     Nov 12, 2002
  10. vinigar

vinigar

It all seems to boil down to ability to me....fighter pilots must have the ability to monitor many things at a time...as far as I know they are screened for their capabilities to be able to multi task different things under extreme situations. What are your abilities?....can you handle all the information? If the fighter pilots can't handle the info then they are dead...or else they are washed out. The pilot who can handle all of the information and deal with it under extreme pressure has a distinct advantage over his foe. I think most traders are like fighter pilots...that they are good at multi tasking...better than most people. therefore, the more information you have....the better....provided you can handle it all!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

As for me...I try to use my multiple monitors to funnel all the information I need towards....."Targeted Stocks".........the news, indices,climate of the market, alerts, charts, etc., are arranged to zero in on the stocks I have selected to trade for the day. In this way I refine what I need to know in a timely basis even when things go crazy.

So yes I would say multiple monitors are better....provided you can handle all the information and make good use of it...and that you have the info arranged so that it is efficient, timely and worthy.

#40     Nov 12, 2002