dual monitors and profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Nov 9, 2002.

1. BCE

BCE

Good point darkhorse. Ansel Adams, who I ran into one day at a dry cleaners/laundry in Carmel, CA where he lived would have been able to take great pictures with a throw away camera while most people would take very mediocre pictures with the most expensive and sophisticated equipment. :)

#21     Nov 10, 2002
  2. 2 monitors is a big help, I use 3, just for kicks.

Anyone speaking of the trivial extra expense as an issue probably should be playing the horses at $2 a throw, or maybe the lottery.

#22     Nov 10, 2002
  3. Just like that fantastic thread you started " DO YOU FEEL BAD? SHOULD YOU?"
    What a genius question on your part.

#23     Nov 10, 2002

4. hahahaha ... dan you are funny man.:D

#24     Nov 10, 2002

5. yeah i agree that question TOO is pretty damm stupid. haha:D

#25     Nov 10, 2002
  6. 1 monitor.

I think as a newer trader it is wiser to concentrate. I can't concentrate on more than 1 stock/position at my stage of development...maybe as I improve I will be able to and want to carry more positions...resulting in a move to more monitors/meatier datafeeds/multiple computers////and the list goes on.

However simply having multiple monitors is not going to help you as a new trader.

This is a dumbass thread and I don't know why i responded...maybe i'm dumb too.

#26     Nov 10, 2002
  7. I've seen a few traders get analysis paralysis from too much info (too many items on too many monitors).

#27     Nov 10, 2002
  8. thank the posters who took the time to reply

to those who could not keep their ego in check and
    wanted to trash my post ....

I think it sort of shows what kind of person
    and or successful trader you are

for those who tried to be polite and
    gave me some ideas thanks and
    have a happy thanksgiving

#28     Nov 10, 2002
  9. I trade mostly toad reversals (time of activity day). So I don't use a monitor. Just a keyboard and a clock. But I did have several keys made up so I if I ever lose one I can still wind the clock.

#29     Nov 10, 2002
  10. Miki

Miki

Had to cut down the number of my monitors - I was beginning to glow in the dark.:cool:

#30     Nov 12, 2002