dual monitors and profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Can anyone on elite trader tell me if
    they are finding it much easier to spot
    opportunites to make ( and sometimes lose)
    more money trading

using 2 or more monitors as opposed to just 1 ?

2. 2 monitors allow you to keep an eye on other stocks /indices, 15 min charts for reversals, line cash charts for slopes, inst. mess. for ideas, news tickers for news and internet for fun.........I use 2 21" and 1 17" ............... bottom line...yes they help out

3. Three monitors helped me to buy three times as much Tenet last Friday. "Ouch" On a serious note ... I could not get along without 3 monitors. I watch alot of stuff and need the extra realestate.

4. Rigel

Rigel

Two computers, two monitors, two isp's (cable and dialup), two brokers. Full charts on one, 1/2 charts (open positions only) and trading accounts on he other, will give you good utility and peace of mind.

5. I have actually seen people with 8+ monitors -- I've even seen things that would put NASA to shame.

6. who, i ask you, in the freakin world would say, "nah man.. you know, it's been a lot tougher since i've gone to multiple monitors.."????? :confused:

7. I currently use two computers and three monitors (two on one computer and one on the second computer). I can't even imagine trading with fewer than that now. I'm probably going to add a second monitor to computer number two. Monitors and video cards are so cheap these days, why not?

8. TG

TG

I currently have 7 monitors, a bunch of 2 day charts for my core group of stocks, 1 for the naz and trinq for overview, 2 with advance charts for my trading stocks with indicators I use, 1 for my trading platform, 1 for their sectors, a news source. I feel it gives me a great overview of everything I use for market direction. The more the merrier.

9. It depends on what you are trading... if you are trading one thing, you can get by with 1 large monitor... if you are trading several things or using scanners etc, you will need 2 monitors...

10. lescor

lescor

I have eight monitors and could honestly make use of two more. But it all depends on what you are trading. I like to watch for several different opportunities that might pop up and watch 3 or 4 individual stocks in many different sectors. Plus I have a daytrading account, a swing trade account, and next week a futures account. What I really need is an assistant.

#10     Nov 10, 2002