Dual Monitors and a laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Samson77, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Sorry about that. I meant to fix that post but it was past the 60 min limit. I meant 2 monitors without a problem. I haven't plugged in monitors to both ports in the back to see if it can handle three monitors (the notebook's LCD + 2 others - one for each port). It works fine like most other notebooks with that video card with 1 DVI monitor connected. When I get a chance, I will plug in a DVI+VGA and see if it runs them at the same time. My guess is probably not based on the Display Properties menu. Sorry about the confusion.

#31     Dec 28, 2005
  2. chartie

chartie

Try to get Nvidia’s latest driver (v81.98 now, see also Driver Installation Hints) and run nView Desktop Manager >Tools>Display calibration.

Good luck :)

#32     Dec 28, 2005

3. Thanks much appreciated do you think I need it though the machine is just weeks old?

Hey thanks for the tip on nview manager that helped alot, its still there but better now !!!:D

#33     Dec 28, 2005
  4. chartie

chartie

You’re quite welcome :)

It’s better also run the Display Optimization Wizard.

Nvidia updates their universal driver quite often. Usually the driver comes with a new computer is 2~3 version backdated. Personally I don’t think you need the latest one IF everything works fine.

#34     Dec 28, 2005
  5. Yes you saved me a huge hassle I have it almost perfect now. :D

Thanks again.

#35     Dec 28, 2005