Dual Monitor Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CenFlo, Sep 25, 2013.

1. CenFlo

CenFlo

Kindly asking for recommendations for a dual monitor set up.

I have looked at two different pre-fab set ups, one from DT and one from Dell.

DT: http://www.digitaltigers.com/zenview-duo24pro.asp

Dell: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=DU2412

Or just build my own?

DT has a long lead time to build their set up, the Dell system received a review that claims the monitors could not be angled slightly inward, which I would want to be able to do.

I'm open to suggestions, wanting dual 24", IPS, stand that doesn't have a massive base/footprint.

Budget = $800 - $1000 range, shipped.

DVI connection as my video card is a dual DVI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. limau2

limau2

Dell has added advantage..
    dont ask too much..just go for it..trading is ypur main concern now

3. chisel

chisel

4. CenFlo

CenFlo

Thanks for the input, I'm still on the fence here.

I've looked at so many stands lately that they're starting to all look the same... :p

This will be my set up at work, where I have to work as well as day trade / follow the markets.

I really only have room for 2 monitors and the PC I had built recently has a dual DVI head card installed in preparation for the dual monitor rig.

I need a free standing dual monitor stand (as opposed to one of the clamping style) as it will sit on my monitor riser that I currently have. This frees up space I have to use for all the work related stuff on my desk.

I did look through this forum for ideas, however, I know a lot of you guys have 2+ monitors for your trading stations.

5. opt789

opt789

Why do you need a single stand for the two monitors? You linked the u2412m which are good monitors, I have three, but with that stand it is listed at $870. You can just buy two of those monitors (with their own included stands) for about $300 each.

6. CenFlo

CenFlo

I do like the Dell monitors and they seem to have good reviews.

I don't have the space on my riser for two separate stands, I am working with limited space.

I'm wanting to hang two monitors on one stand to sit on the riser that's right in front of me.

I am currently running 27" and 20" monitors, but they can't both be on my riser at the same time, so that puts the 20" monitor a decent way away from my field of view.

Hope that makes sense?

I do appreciate your input on the Dell monitors, they are in the running if I go my own route with "building" my set up.

7. ofthomas

ofthomas

you dont say anything about the space you do have... here is what I have...

http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/522/language/en-US/Default.aspx

and i have two 27" on it...

my desk is 48" wide by 30" deep... the workstation is underneath it... plenty of space of keyboard and mouse on top along with laptop to the left and some paperwork to the right...

pick any IPS based monitor, no idea what 27" you have now... but if i was you, I would get another 27" ... the dual wide monitor mount... and then I would get this...

http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/317/language/en-US/Default.aspx

and use the 20" above the 27"s....

that way i can use all three, still with the limited space and I can have email and crap on that 20" screen... or P&L/Positions monitoring... and the other two for charts and dom, or whatever...

8. CenFlo

CenFlo

Looks like I'm going to build my own at this point.

I've found the stand and I'm looking to hang dual 24" monitors on it.

I'm also going to be able to use a 3rd monitor, but will go with the clamp style mount so I can move it in to my field of view and out if necessary.

I'll update as it comes together. :cool:

9. CenFlo

CenFlo

I appreciate the input from you guys.

I went with the following for my dual monitor set up at work.

Planar Dual Monitor Stand:

[​IMG]

HP Z24i 24" IPS Monitors (with sound bar on left monitor):

[​IMG]

In the office:

[​IMG]

At the far right you can see another monitor that I will more than likely add to the system with a clamp on style mount.

So far I am really liking the set up and getting used to having two screens together.

10. Ofthomas

Why didn't you go for 4 (smaller) screens in a 2 x 2 array instead?

Can your setup show as much stuff as 4 smaller screens?

What are the pros & cons of each setup?

#10     Oct 16, 2013