dual monitor; color way off on one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaj, Nov 28, 2002.

1. gaj

gaj

i have two flat screen monitors, and a dual video card in the machine. my problem? whichever monitor i plug into the 'right' part of the card is significantly darker than the left one.

i used to be a techie years ago, and remember seeing this problem on trading desks that i supported...but can't figure out for the life of me how to fix it, and anyone who knew is long gone.

thanks...

2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Does the card support two DVI-ports or is only one dvi and the other for an analog monitor? A dvi-monitor plugged into an dvi port will self-calibrate, if you use an analog port for it, you will have to do the calibration manually. The supplier of the monitor should have delivered some software for this.

I'm using two flat-panels and a matrox card with one dvi and one analog port. Though i did calibrate the one using the analog port there is a slight but visible difference between the two identical monitors.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

3. chasmann

chasmann

I have a Matrox G400 connected to 2 Optiquest 19" and have the same problem. If I play with the settings on one of the monitors and get it very close to matching the other monitors color it seems to only last a few days and then looks different again. I wonder if this may be a Matrox issue?
    Chuck.

4. gaj

gaj

bernd - i have 2 samsung syncmaster 191ts; specs at:
    http://www.samsungelectronics.com/monitor/lcd/downloads/181t_spec.pdf

i have it set up for analog for both; i installed the software included as well.

the card is a nvidia geforce4.

i can tweak the settings, of course, to make them close...but thought there was something which can be run which will force both to self-calibrate...

thanks.

5. Quah

Quah

I've had this same problem - I've found it has to do the the "DVI-Analog" conversion adapter. Most of them do not fit really well, and just jiggling the connection to the card will make the screen to funny things.