dual head card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ITR2744, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Never really checked in it but what is suppose to the benefit of vista. Does it make the dual core proccessors work more efficient
    or be able to run more applications at once . What is vista claim to fame?

#11     Feb 11, 2008
  2. ITR2744

ITR2744

Ssss... Precision in Switzerland is about 1k$ :mad: What about the Vostro 400?
    When does MSFT stop selling Vista? I prefer XP but not sure if I'll still get one...

#12     Feb 12, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Microsoft probably lists additional "benefits", but the two major ones are (1) DirectX10 for gaming, and (2) fancy-schmancy graphic eye candy.

So far, Vista is still slower than XP.

And the way MSFT tried to market it... JAM it down consumer's throats when it wasn't even ready for prime time (still isn't, apparently). It was nothing more than a money-grab.

#13     Feb 12, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

You can get Vostro with XP.. at least until June, '08. In the US, Dell has had package deals for $399, including 19" LCD and shipping.

Didn't you mean "when does MSFT stop selling WinXP?... June '08, is current stop date.

#14     Feb 12, 2008
  5. ITR2744

ITR2744

of course I meant XP :)

June is fine, so I have left a bit time... First I have to pass my final exams in April.

I think for business use (trading and simple writing), XP is far better than VISTA?!

#15     Feb 12, 2008