dual head card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ITR2744, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ITR2744

ITR2744

wanna buy a new trading desktop. I am not a hardware crack so I think I will order my new machine @dell. They suggested me three different cards for two monitors:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB

NVIDIA DDR3 GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB (way to expensive and really an overkill I think...)

NVIDIA DDR3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB

any comments?
    what are your specs?

2. gnome

gnome

If you're going to run only 2 monitors, any of those is OK. If you want to run 3 or 4 monitors, NONE of them would be the preferred choice.

3. ITR2744

ITR2744

I'm going to run only 2 monitors...

4. gnome

gnome

You want a HOT machine for trading? Look into the Dell Precision T3400 with the Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 video card.

5. I currently have the NVidia GeForce 8600 GTS on my new Dell Vostro-400 with dual-dvi outputs.

Love it!

6. gnome , how much are these machines going for? aprox

7. gnome

gnome

Last I saw, starting about $775 with E6550 CPU and X38 mobo.

Vostro has more pedestrian mobo and fewer ports, but would be plenty good for most trading at a bit lower price.

8. '

Would you get vista or xp ? You might not have a choice but is it any good. Have only heard negative things about vista .

9. gnome

gnome

XP is available on both of those machines. Personally, I plan to avoid Vista forever.

10. Omg the vista is bloody terrible. Couldnt use any of my PCI video cards, had to buy a brand new one.

#10     Feb 11, 2008