Dual dvi 1920*1200 for dell 2405

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by just21, May 26, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

Your concept of "performance" seems to be centered around speed.

First of all, video speed is a non-issue for trading.

Second, "performance" in a workstation card is about quality of display, stability, compatibility with other cards, and longevity... the maker keeps the driver updated.

"Performance" cards usually have heat and noise issues from their cheesy GPU fans... both of which are unnecessary in a trading environment. Fans are OK for a gaming card as you'd have the audio blaring to drown out the noise, but a significant irritant in a [usually] quiet trading environment.

I think your bias to "avoid workstation cards and buy cheap performance cards" is missing the point entirely.

#11     Jul 12, 2006
  2. just21

just21

I don't think the radeon 7500 does 1920*1200 and I cannot find a radeon 9000 without agp. Any other ideas?

#12     Jul 12, 2006
  3. nitro

nitro

4. gnome

gnome

If you're going to run multi-card, suggest you not get Sapphire... get Genuine ATI AGP card.

Check ATI website for PCI card which will handle your desired resolution.

However, I like nitro's suggestion of going with Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 for a trading rig much better than any use of ATI cards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NVIDIA-Quadro-N...ryZ40161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#14     Jul 12, 2006
  5. just21

just21

The nvs 285 is pci express.

#15     Jul 12, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

You might want to try analog on the NVS 280. I've tried both VGA and DVI on my 19", and the display quality is identical. I have chosen to run VGA over DVI on my trading rig.

#16     Jul 12, 2006