Dual Citizenship

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ShoeshineBoy, Oct 6, 2005.

1. #21     Oct 7, 2005
  2. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Go to Texas.......dime a dozen for $250-350k or less, easily. Real estate boom??? Not in Texas......really sad, we're down 1-5% in most places over the last 5 years.

We've got more nice stucco places than you can shake a stick at.
    No state income tax to boot, but property taxes run 2-3% per year, at market value :( .

#22     Oct 7, 2005
  3. I am hungarian and US dual citizen,
    trust me a hungarian woman will give you the fig.....
    ...and NO you can't marry me :)

#23     Oct 8, 2005
  4. novel20

novel20

You worry about paying tax. Why don't you spend that time develop a successful trading methodology?

#24     Oct 8, 2005
  5. How do you know he does not have a "successful trading methodology"???
    Don't you just hate patronizing posts?

#25     Oct 13, 2005
  6. Thx. I actually have been profitable for over a year.

I asked because I have a foreign wife and was trying to find any insights...

#26     Oct 13, 2005
  7. interesting thread.

note this provision:

Who Must File this Report Each Unites States person, who has a financial interest in or signature authority, or other authority over any financial accounts, including bank, securities, or other types of financial accounts in a foreign country if the aggregate value of these financial accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year, must report that relationship each calendar year by filing TD F 90-22.1 with the Department of the Treasury on or before June 30, of the succeeding year.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f9022-1.pdf

#27     Oct 13, 2005
  8. That is interesting and I'm not surprised in the least. But what I'm wondering is if you have dual citizenship, how is it decided which country you pay taxes in? Does it just depend on the tax treaty as one poster suggested?

#28     Oct 13, 2005
  9. Then why are so many corps going offshore? I don't doubt what you're saying, but isn't that exactly what they're doing legitimately is incorporating overseas and first transferring their funds? Why is it okay for them and not the little guy?

#29     Oct 13, 2005
  10. because we have 2 tax systems here. one for business and rich, and the other for the rest of us

#30     Oct 13, 2005