Dual Broadband and Dual WAN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duard, Jun 4, 2005.

1. chisel

chisel

chiguy,

or anyone else who uses the Xincom 502 dual router: would you be willing to go to this site

http://www.grc.com/default.htm

and go through the "Shields Up" test? (It's in the "Hot Spots" section about halfway down the page.) After you click the "proceed" button, please test "All Service Ports."

I'm interested in whether the 502 passes ALL of the tests including the ping test. I'm using the Nexland Pro800 Turbo dual router (I just installed the latest firmware) and all of the ports are stealth, but it never passes GRC's ping test. Maybe I'm being too anal, but if the Xincom's ports are all stealth and it also passes the ping test, then I'm switching routers.

#21     Jun 13, 2005
  2. Isn't there a "disregard ping from WAN" setting that you can toggle?

#22     Jun 13, 2005
  3. chisel

chisel

If there is, I haven't found it. Thanks for the suggestion.

#23     Jun 13, 2005
  4. I use 2 serparte dlink reuters. However I have shaw cable extreme which gives me 7.5MB and telus dsl networking 2.5 MB just in case. If your using cable, ask for the new extreme cable

#24     Jun 13, 2005
  5. duard

duard

So,

The comcast cable guy figured out the problem. He placed a filter between my office and the "pipeline" to glass fiber.

We also switched modems.

Rocket fast and no downtime---yet.

Sbc also seems to have found their problem a downstream server overload.

So I have two rocket fast reliable thus far connections. I have ordered the dual WAN and will keep the updat going just in case anybody else is suffering from similar difficulties.

#25     Jun 14, 2005
  6. ran the test....

i am complete stealth....

but i did get pinged....

seeing how i gave them my ip you would think its like giving them a map to my machine....

the ip was for the wan and not the router or actual machine...

so far never been hacked....

#26     Jun 14, 2005
  7. chisel

chisel

Thanks for running the test.

"but I did get pinged..."

Are you saying that you passed or failed that test? All my ports are stealth on that test, but the Nexland FAILS the test because it responds to GRC's ping test. That's what's causing me some concern...

#27     Jun 14, 2005
  8. Dynamic routing through a linux firewall box :)

#28     Jun 14, 2005
  9. it pinged my wan...it never got past the router....

i assume i'm safe as can be...:eek:

#29     Jun 14, 2005
  10. chiguy,

Who do you trade futures through? And if your connection switches over from primary to secondary, does you brokerage software reconnect seemlessly?

Runningbear

#30     Jun 14, 2005