DTNIQ or IQfeed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Speedracer, Jun 5, 2003.

1. The real test of IQfeed vs Esignal is during a fast market condition. In fact we could be going into fast market conditions this morning at the opening.

At the time of this post ... it is 9:20am EST on Friday morning. The markets are gapping up and I expect a flurry of action in ten minutes.

Now I'll sit back and watch IQfeed and Esignal side-by-side. I'll post what I observe L8tr.

#11     Jun 6, 2003
  2. Ditch

Ditch

I use Ensign and in comparison to e-signal DTN shows some lag on NQ and ES, about 0.5 second.

#12     Jun 6, 2003
  3. Same here ... Esignal is faster but only by 1 sec.

#13     Jun 6, 2003
  4. and it is "only" a second faster, but the way I trade, a tick or two on my entry is very important, and since I keep tight stops, that tick or two slippage can be difference with me having a nice trade or getting stopped out. Since most indicators lag anyways, another second delay is not acceptable to me. I will evaluate the IQfeed during trading next week, but first impressions to me would be that I won't continue it after the free trial period. For 60 bucks difference, I can't afford to not have the faster product.

#14     Jun 6, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

IB beats all feeds that I have ever seen hands down on the ES/NQ.

I have done side by side comparisons of:

TS6, IB, eSignal, DTN IQfeed, Trackdata, QCharts. No contest, IB quotes beats them all.

Therefore, since I make my timing decisions off of IB quotes, I do not need anything fancy for my charting other than a pretty good feed. IQFeed fits that bill.

If I did not have IB quotes, then the problem would be a little more critical...

nitro

#15     Jun 6, 2003
  6. jem

jem

nitro is correct from my experince with a lot of feeds also.

#16     Jun 7, 2003