DTN: Is NOT Keeping Up...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Amen brother, and that's a scary feel'in.

JJ

#11     Jul 31, 2007
  2. You are so right... I was trying to short this low volume high and was too distracted... by having to shift servers...

:(

#12     Jul 31, 2007
  3. jbarnby

jbarnby

Edge - how do you go about changing servers?

#13     Jul 31, 2007
  4. You have to stop DTN... close it out... and then restart it and THEN ONLY HOPE you get the 156 server... vs the 148 server

it might be best if you call tech support...

800-475-4755... let them know there is a bunch of people complaining on ET...

good luck...

#14     Jul 31, 2007
  5. Here's the PM I sent Edge:
    Thanks for the heads-up!

I called them and they switched me to a different bank, and now their data feed is in-synch with the brokers' data feed.

Give their technical support a call at:

1-800-763-9959

and have them switch you over (I'm sure they're getting several calls about this).

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

P.S. I was diplomatic with the guy (wasn't his fault) and he was trying to be helpful and he helped me fix it as quickly as he could.

Anyone having a problem, give it a shot.

Good trading,

JJ

#15     Jul 31, 2007
  6. Yeah, quality stuff there.

But the package I'm using makes DTN one of the preferrential brokers, so I'll have to do these work-arounds for now.

Thanks anyways,

JJ

#16     Jul 31, 2007
  7. jbarnby

jbarnby

Have been talking with tech support - they claim I'm the ONLY person in the universe that's had a problem with their feed recently. LOL....good old fashioned customer service - gotta love it!

#17     Jul 31, 2007
  8. DTN has been having issues for the last 2+ wks, since the roll out of their seconds servers.

Whatever service you use ya gotta have a backup or two

#18     Jul 31, 2007
  9. Cost wise you may come out better just using CQG.

#19     Jul 31, 2007
  10. No problems here in WA state. IMO, with CPU utilization as high as 85% you might be straining things. Like you, I have a Duo but with 4 gigs of RAM, a 6 MB cable feed and a CPU-U rarely above 20%. I trade liquid, big beta equities so I don't know if that's of consequence.

DTN is, for the price, pretty sweet but they freely admit they miss trades. I compared DTN side to side with eSignal and the feeds are essentially identical with the edge going to DTN. I use QT charting software which is, IMO, superior to eSignal's. I tried DTN's ProphetX Trader package and it sucks without end.

CQG looks interesting but I could find no pricing data on the website. Can any one of you give me a lead? Is their charting software any good?

TIA

lj

#20     Jul 31, 2007