DT Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sasha1, Feb 1, 2002.

1. sasha1

sasha1

I am new to futures trading. Can anybody share their experience with this firm? Their commissions and order entry platform seem alright.

2. looks like one of those crappy browser based order entry firms...avoid.

3. sasha1

sasha1

looks java based to me.

4. sasha1

sasha1

How (un)reliable is Interactive Brokers for trading futures?

5. tymjr

tymjr

sasha: “Can anybody share their experience with this firm?”

I have an account with DT that I use for offsets. I’ve only had to use it a few times so I can’t comment on the long-term reliability of the software but I wasn’t overly impressed with its order entry.

“How (un)reliable is Interactive Brokers for trading futures?”

I’ve had very negative experiences with IB. I went into detail in the post below:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=25693#post25693

6. tymjr

Other than the one bad day IB had when their system went
    down, has there been any other problems you had with IB?

7. One More Thing

Is there anyone out there who wants to stand up for IB when
    it comes to using them for trading NQ/ES?

:confused:

8. huby

huby

I trade the NQ exclusively on IB everyday and am very happy. Instant executions and super cheap commissions. ($4.80 roundtrip). I used to trade only stocks with IB before the new margin rules, and the executions seem to be just as good with futures vs stocks.

As far as reliability goes; I'd give them a 9 out of 10. When TWS is up and running it's perfect, but every once in a while the screen will go purple and everything freezes up. It reboots itself within a few seconds generally. It's kind of a pain but considering all the other benefits I'm not complaining.

9. i just started trading the e-mini with ib.. so far im happy.. sometimes the tws loses its connection but it is very infrequent.. it seems the software gets better and better with every release.. with the exception of those huge ass icons..

-qwik

10. tymjr

tymjr

version77: “Other than the one bad day IB had when their system went down, has there been any other problems you had with IB?”

If you are referring to the recent day in which some traders posted experiencing excessive delays and downtime with TWS, then I was no longer actively trading with IB at that time.

The link that I’ve provided in the previous post chronicles some of the issues I’ve had with IB.

#10     Feb 2, 2002