drys..

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wake37, Oct 30, 2007.

1. It looks like a panic selloff honestly and might be a good entry point... but there were also some negative articles saying the stock was overpriced. I don't really have an opinion either way.

#11     Oct 30, 2007
  2. I might actually take this for a trade tomorrow up like a GRMN type swing.

Stock has been pure gold for long term holders.

I thought this was over valued at $80. Dead wrong.

#12     Oct 30, 2007
  3. stay short DRYS, shorted DRYS today in the opening and covered it under 109 in the closing, made 30K+, just by luck. but as you know, when the sky looks never fall, it is time to harvest.

shipping rate is cycle, just like morgagate /real estate, DRYS is sure well overpriced! a perfect double top now, it is around another shoulder line, tech players will love to short it there!

will gap down huage tomrrow, ever since now, the downside leg is defined!

it wil be around 20~30 bucks in Jaunraary 2008

#13     Oct 30, 2007
  4. Take a look at EXM and TBSI.

EXM (-20%!!!) was hammered much worse than DRYS (-5.76%).

Looked like pure panic in EXM.

#14     Oct 30, 2007
  5. EXM is a buy now. but just for quick bucks, not for long haul!

#15     Oct 30, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

20-30 bucks???

you must be saying that sarcastically.

I hold no position but was very bullish on it around 75-80, its been straight up for the last year for this stock but to call 20-30 bucks, thats not happening, I actually think DRYS may dip back below 100 and rally once again, I think it could easily take its 52 week high again.

#16     Oct 30, 2007
  7. gangof4

gangof4

could you be a more obvious shill for profit quotes and valueforum. geesh, you could at least try to have ONE post that doesn't have a link to them...

#17     Oct 30, 2007
  8. dafong

dafong

ok supposedly, BDI is a good indicator of future economic growth because if there's growth, then more demand for dry bulk shipping, BDI goes up

BUT, does anyone really believe that the global economy stops now and would cause BDI to drop this much and cause drybulk shippers to drop 15% across the board?

#18     Oct 30, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Another"RUMOR" on wallstreet ( who starts these I have no clue) but from what I heard on the yahoo forums was that 2008 ship rates will be lower....

wonder who starts these rumors and makes money from doing so.

#19     Oct 30, 2007
  10. Guys, if you're looking at BDI I'll give you a heads up: Watch the bulk freight futures on Imarex. The BDI for the following day is computed on the basis of the futures. Wow - imagine being one day ahead of the BDI, huh? (And no; the BDI calculation from the futures market is NOT straightforward - but then again, nothing in the markets comes easy).

#20     Oct 30, 2007