Drummond Geometry

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by toc, Feb 9, 2006.

1. toc

toc

Any inputs on the Drummond Geometry techniques from the site pldot.com or tedtick.com.

2. opm8

opm8

What do you want to know? I recently finished all 30 lessons.

--opm8

3. Thor

Thor

Whats your opinion of it ?

4. looks intresting, is it a system or do you have interpret the information?

5. opm8

opm8

It's definitely not a system, it's a methodology. It's unbelievably detailed and is very very intensive study if you apply yourself. My notes are over 40 typed pages long and it took me about 3 months to complete, about twice as long as I thought. They have some very unique views on the market, concepts not in Edwards & Magee.

Does it work? I'm not sure yet. There are many different tools to use and one has to decide for themselves which to use. Really, the methodoloy is simple, but it takes some time to get the groundwork laid. It's just another way of looking at S/R and identifying turning points.

I'd love to talk to anyone else using it, though I suspect there are only a handful of people.

-opm8

6. opm8

opm8

I have received quite a few PMs about Drummond Geometry and wanted to post on this thread asking everyone to please stop.

I don't follow the system anymore so would prefer that you do not ask me any questions about it. After much study and introspection I have come to the conclusion that it is a bunch of hooey. If it happens to work for you then that's great and I wish you the best of luck with it.

--opm8

7. I agree with you on Drummond. It does not have to be that complicated . Triangles and trendlines ,if drawn from dynamic points, is all you need.

8. I have not personally traded it, but have a trader friend that trades it. My personal opinion is that it is way to complex to trade profitably, esp at the beginning.

Just my opinion, but not my cup of tea.

9. wiz

wiz

It is a simple method (not easy) but has a lot of moving parts so it takes time to master. Horses for courses. A question for anyone out there. How many profitable traders do you know with a certain method that happened in a few months? Likely zero. Taking years to master trading is the norm unless you happen to be sitting right next to PTJ or another super trader and even then it may never happen. Get used to it, the same applies to any other profession. Second question. Why is it only a matter of finding the right methodology? If so, it may end up being a looong search. There is more to trading than just method.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018