Drummond Geometry

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by flier6, Feb 27, 2003.

1. I'm sorry but you talk about life and then you talk about the market. The market is not an alive person as far as I know :). Just see about the Kylian experiment they cite and sure it is not conventionally accepted by Science yet. And even if it was what's the physical connection as I said with the market: there is no proved link between that supposed energy (the cause) and the effect they supposed it has on the market. Like the astrologers: they suppose that human beings are affected by stars, moons etc, but explaining how it is transmitted exactly to the market so that a precise support or resistance is touched even during globex at night when everybody is sleeping and there is only market makers robots well I wonder then if the robots have also the psychic to be touched by the stars :D. And how is it that I can calculate the same numbers without referring to the star but by a pure rational economical approach based on human interests groups huh ?

P.S.: don't believe that I am against paranormal phenomena if they exist. I have encountered people I trust that have extra-normal experience. But as far as for market there are too crucial details that make me not accept paranormal explanations.

#11     Feb 28, 2003
  2. I agree with Harry on this one, all this esotheric stuff is just escape clause to justify false signals. Funny thing is that geometry is already beyond comprehention of most people and there is no need to wrap it up in mysterious layers.
    Walter

#12     Mar 1, 2003
  3. bone

bone

But basic Physics concepts as they relate to market price action I find are decent analogies (Newton).

#13     Mar 1, 2003
  4. Analogy is not a scientific demonstration. Analogy is just a parabol. When for example I said that my model exhibits Feynman like effect like in Quantum Theory I don't justify my model with Quantum Theory I just say that I just OBSERVE same behavior it doesn't mean that my model has been based on Quantum Analogy since It doesn't ! You can have the same apparent behavior but the causes are very different !

Today there is abuse of "scientific" proof that are just analogy especially in psychologic research field. That's why two scientists have written on the subject:

"Fashionable Nonsense: Postmodern Intellectuals' Abuse of Science "
    by Alan D. Sokal, Jean Bricmont

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...v=glance&s=books&vi=reader&img=44#reader-link

As long as you use it as a useful trick it's ok, but if you take the parabol as profound truth then it is dangerous because you will extend it over its domain. Let's take the geometry of the market. My model can demonstrate rationaly that there are some geometry in the market but can refutes partly some dilusion about the so called mass market psychology hypothesis of the elliotists. So I only agree with the apparence of what the elliotists observe and not with their cause hypothesis.

#14     Mar 1, 2003
  5. That is very true. If one would substitute " analogies " for "similarities " that would be as close to absolute truth as close as one can ever hope to get .
    Walter

#15     Mar 1, 2003
  6. I have been using Charles Drummond for over 15 years, IMHO the best tech system out there.

I studied personally with Bob Stephens at Commodity Management Inc in Oak Brook, IL and we had Charles (Charlie) Drummond as a guest speaker many times. He lives in Canada and is a very quiet, almost shy person, kind of a Loner.

He has pulled a small Fortune out of the Futures markets.

I have most of his books and software.

I made many millions with his system, I retired at 40. :D

I can assure you that this system is "Underpriced" compared to how much $$$ you will make using the system.

Good Luck.

#16     Mar 1, 2003
  7. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Good Thread.

I trade like I play Pool .
    Get a bead on it, and take my shot.
    GEOMETRY ? - Damn Straight........SIMPLE ? You Betcha.

I am unable to pontificate on the rules of Parabola Physics,
    however as a goldsmith, I can can take a square sheet of Gold or Silver,
    and hammer it into a beautiful "Hyperbolic Parabaloid".
    Can't "Tell" you "How" I do it,,,,, ( other than a few basics ).
    But I can do it.

Same with the Mkt., can't tell you how I do it,
    but basically it's drawing "Lots" of lines from "Thither n Yon" and
    watching what happens to them,
    thousands of times over - and developing a "Feel". "Observe".

"They Say", Picking tops and bottoms is a suckers game.
    Really ? ....... I'm so glad "They" believe that.

flier6
    I'm assuming the Drummond course you are taking is from Ted Hern ... tedtick.com ?
    I would like to take the course myself - alas - too much to do this year - maybe next.

Robin Mesch seems to take Mkt Profile (Steidlmayer)
    and combine it with Drummond and do what she does.
    Anyone follow her ?????

#17     Mar 2, 2003
  8. rdqis

rdqis

Does the 4k course have anything fundamentally different from the original book ("How I made...") ?
    If not then one can get the book and work on the principles and decide if they indeed have any merit.
    4k for a CD course does not seem reasonable and makes me wonder if the thing is just a rip off.

#18     Mar 2, 2003
  9. PKJR

PKJR

I think last time I heard she was "selling" private tutoring for 20k+ so I will not comment whether she is a 'trader' or not (my guess she is not)

In my opnion Drummond is about trading longer swings this is not a game for scalping on 3 min charts, it is not also game imo for people with little of capital - Drummond is about trading without stops as far as I can tell (or stops far far away) and monitoring 'flow' - if you can allow swings of 10-20+ pts (S&P) against your position this could be a game for you; if keeping positions overnight is not your 'cup of coffee' that you will miss majority of what Drummond is all about and that is 'swing trading'

-pkjr

#19     Mar 2, 2003
  10. This guy was selling the complete course for 700.00 usd.

yourtrader2002@excite.com

Now I just read it on a board.I do not know who he is or if he still has it.

Michael B.

#20     Mar 3, 2003