Drug testing to get welfare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Crispy

Crispy

I asked you. Just want to know how "Free" you really are.

#11     Mar 9, 2012
  2. i would say no to that. my ability to think tells me that an illegal driving down the road is not a danger to others but a drunk or drugged driver is.
    that being the case its is for the good of innocent bystanders that impaired drivers are removed from the road by whatever means is effective.

#12     Mar 9, 2012

3. ah yes the ole totalitarianism is freedom shtick.

#13     Mar 9, 2012
  4. your freedom ends when you act in a manner that is dangerous to responsible people.

#14     Mar 9, 2012
  5. I don't do drugs anymore either. Haven't since the 70's, but that isn't the point. Once you open the door you're asking for trouble. Uncle Sam wants more control of our lives, not less. I don't see how anyone can call themselves a smaller government libertarian, and support drug testing for welfare, employment or anything else. There are more effective ways to control who is scamming the system, but those ideas won't provide the knee jerk, dog whistle politics we currently have in place. Good government requires more thought, effort, and yes money, than we as a nation are willing to put into it.

#15     Mar 9, 2012
  6. Supposedly responsible people like you are dangerous to everybody else minding their own business.

Because you are exactly the type to wear a swasika, brown shirt or drop a dime on your neighbor for some imagined offense.

#16     Mar 9, 2012
  7. there have been several cases of impaired drivers wiping out innocent lives near where i live recently. who is dangerous to who?

if you idiots who want to destroy yourselves with drug abuse just killed yourself in your own homes i could care less. but you wont. you will leave a trail of destruction that the rest of us have to clean up.
    really. how stupid do you have to be to put that crap in your body? and yes i would drop a dime on you if i saw you driving impaired.

#17     Mar 9, 2012
  8. Impaired driving is illegal regardless of the legality of the substance.
    quit dreaming up stupid strawman arguments just because I advocate people having the right to choose(and be responsible ) for themselves what they do with their bodies.

Busy body moralists like yourself were burning witches at the stake.

#18     Mar 9, 2012
  9. yes, and we know from experience that the only effective deterrent is random traffic stops. hence my support for random traffic checks.

#19     Mar 9, 2012
  10. Congratulation you just dreamed up an excuse for unlimited no knock house searches (phishing expeditions) without a warrant.

#20     Mar 9, 2012