Drug epidemic in rural America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Apr 24, 2011.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I lived in the Mojave Desert for twenty years.. I turned into a real desert rat, it just went with the territory... Hell's Angels were producing all the meth until they all got busted in a massive sweep, then Mexicans moved in and took over where they left off... I liked the Hell's Angels a lot better, those motorcycles just sound bitchin'. Mexicans are just naturally noisy and they play that shitty music and kill black people on sight practically, I like black people better really, at least they don't try to sell you on how great their culture is... Houses were blowing up all the time and illegal aliens would get massive burns sometimes when a lab in a remote area would go up in flames... one of them died in a gas station once, his buddies were driving him to the hospital but he croaked only about ten miles into the trip... He looked like a pan full of bacon, it was something else.... Ukranians were after their share in Southern California for awhile but you don't hear that much about them in recent years. That could mean that they were really successful and you don't hear about them or it could mean that they got run off the edge of the world somewhere... I'd like to think that it's the latter case since I do speak Spanish but not Ukranian...

Anyhow, the War on Drugs is really stupid... I like to tell people that I was in the War on Drugs but I never tell them what side I was on though... it doesn't work, none of this government shit works at all really, the War on Poverty started fifty years ago and poverty is worse... there is no exit strategy for either of those wars either, same with Afghanistan, wtf, we rolled up the whole shithole in three weeks and now it's ten years later and we're what... still there, still fighting and I don't know what for really... all you have to do in the ME is tell one bunch that the other bunch is gunning for them and then sell guns to both sides... they like to get killed and go to heaven, why interfere in such a beautiful process...

I just ignore the frigging government, they can't even control the southern border, MS13 runs it, so who gives a rat's ass what the government people think...

#21     Apr 25, 2011
  2. See what Im sayin Mav? Sand nigs :D

#22     Apr 25, 2011
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I edited that out, I might run for office and somebody might equate me with all my online personas and it would be embarrassing... I'm embarrassed just having so many personas.. and they are all different too, they just act different and say things differently... whatever.. I didn't say that thing about the death penalty either, that "flip the switch and fry the son of a...", that was not the real me...

#23     Apr 25, 2011
  4. http://alcoholism.about.com/b/2010/11/16/rural-teens-more-likely-to-abuse-prescription-drugs.htm

Teens who live in rural areas are more likely to use prescription drugs for non-medical purposes that their peers who live in urban areas. Researchers speculate that the reason for the difference may be due to the lack of availability of illicit drugs in rural areas.
    However, the study found no difference between rural and urban teens in the use of illicit drugs.

Researchers at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine analyzed National Survey on Drug Use and Health results from 17,872 teens, who were 53.2% urban dwellers, 51% male and 59% white.

The study found that 13% of rural teens, aged 12 to 17, misused prescription drugs, compared to 10% of urban teens. There was no difference between the two groups in rates of use of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and hallucinogens.

#24     Apr 25, 2011
  5. the epidemic of meth labs in rural areas is probably due to this necessary ingredient. Anhydrous ammonia. guess where this ingredient is easily found. farms. farmers use it for fretilizer. during planting season they leave tanks of it sitting around in fields unsecured. that plus the old farmhouses out in the middle of nowhere make perfect lab hiding places.

#25     Apr 25, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Good morning.

"Demonstrably", how, using the the scientific method?

#26     Apr 25, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right, all the google sites I visited said the same. That there really is no difference from urban areas to rural areas. Rural areas do have a problem with amphetamine type products with younger kids. Primarily because of both availability and cost. It's very cheap to make meth products in your own home. It's one of the reasons why ephedra became a controlled substance at your local Walgreens.

#27     Apr 25, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Fair points. Also to be remembered is mobility. When life sucks in the country, people (the young, mostly) move to the city. That's not going to have an influence on the chart I posted. Now, I need to go find the per capita drug use data for states by degree of inequality. If the points above are valid then it should be a fairly weak or non-existent correlation.

#28     Apr 25, 2011

9. . :) . :cool: .:D .

#29     Apr 25, 2011