Drug based economy. Why not?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Couldn't agree any more with everything you just said.

Religious lobby is too big in the USA for this to ever happen. They will fight tooth and nail. And they don't even know why.

#21     Feb 17, 2010
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

good points.

any one who has been to amsterdam will have noticed very few locals smoking. a few do, but per capita, the netherlands have the lowest regular smokers of pot in europe. all the cafes are full of people from other countries.

because its so readily available, its not considered such a big deal, so most in the netherlands just have a drink - like the rest of the world.

#22     Feb 17, 2010
  3. True.

One of the reasons I am thinking of moving to Canada, since I get citizenship with the recent changes in Canadian laws, is Canadians that I know, friends and family question things. Why are we doing this? The don't allow religion into politics either. I remember the backlash you guys got when you wouldn't go into Iraq with us. Now who looks like the idiot.

#23     Feb 17, 2010
  4. rcj

rcj

Hmmm
    trade the crack spread on Globex while
    enjoying a ... rum and coke...!!

#24     Feb 17, 2010
  5. Marijauna has deaths that it has caused. I remember one specifically when i lived in Vegas of this woman that was high on marijuana and drove over 6 kids who were picking up trash on the side of the road. It was in the news every day for like a month about what should happen to this woman. Originally she said she was just tired, but they they drug tested her and found marijuana in her system, so there are recorded deaths. Also, Marijuana is 5 times more cancerous as cigarettes. So smoking 1 joint is like smoking 5 cigarettes. Funny though that all these people that get lung cancer who smoke pot, usually smoke cigarettes too so the cigarettes get 100% of the blame with 0% going to pot.

As for overdosing on Marijuana it happens and people die from it. For Marijuana ONLY overdose deaths (where no other drug was involved) the number is about 35 per 100 million people. Sounds pretty low doesnt it? But lets look at alcohol only related overdose deaths. That number is 106 out of every 100 million people (according to CDC). So as an overdose drug, alcohol is about 3 times worse than marijuana. The reason people think there are zero marijuana deaths is that because people who smoke marijuana generally drink, or do other drugs and the other drug gets all the credit for the car accidents and suicides.

Also those figures I've given you about marijuana are from D.A.W.N (drug abuse warning network) and not all coroners participate in that,so the numbers are probably much higher.

Anyway...this post was not to say marijuana is better or worse than other drugs...this was just to correct the mistake that 99% of people make when they say nobody has ever died from marijuana. (most people get that figure because a loose study was done in 1999 or so, probably by someone that was stoned, that said there were no marijuana related deaths) but of course...that study was not properly done and we can see now, that there are reported deaths. Also most people have never heard in the media about marijuana related deaths and if they havent heard it on TV, then it must not have happened, right?

#25     Feb 17, 2010
  6. One of our finest moments.

We are also receiving quite the lashing for not being proactive enough at Copenhagen. I also think this stance could turn out in our favor as time passes.

#26     Feb 17, 2010
  7. I agree with you that there have been marijuana related deaths. That is all I agree with you one, however.

The first quote about marijuana being 5x more cancerous as cigarettes is an outright lie. You are making shit up. Please provide a link if I am wrong.

The second quote is also a lie. You will never, ever, see or hear of anybody smoking a joint and then keeling over from overdose. Again, if you are not lieing, provide a link.

#27     Feb 17, 2010
  8. As someone that has known many whom smoked cigs and weed let me add a bit of context. The avg. smoker inhales a lot more smoke, treated with chemicals, than pot smoker. Many I know knew smoke 10-20 cigarettes a day or more. No way, have I ever seen anyone smoke 20 joints, too powerful, expensive, and couldn't function. Now here is the point to consider. Cigs are filtered pot is not, unless through a bong, but cigs with filter still pass many cancer causing chemicals. Yes I do believe marijuana can cause lung cancer, but there have been almost no studies done because who wants to go on record admitting they break the law on a regular basis, not many.

#28     Feb 17, 2010
  9. Marijuana Smoke Linked to Cancer

The discovery suggests that marijuana smoke may be as harmful, or perhaps even more toxic, than tobacco smoke. In fact, study researchers say that smoking three to four marijuana cigarettes a day causes as much airway damage as smoking 20 or more cigarettes a day.

----------

Still get a laugh out the idiots who claim that Mary Jane does no harm.

#29     Feb 17, 2010
  10. Name a substance (any substance) that you can catch on fire and inhale the emissions w/o it harming your airways.

I've heard in the cannabis friendly states that they have pot cookies, pot butter, pot tea, etc...

#30     Feb 17, 2010