Drudge Exposes Bogus Site That Outed Foley

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Avid, Capt., totally agree. The country is so divided right now; no matter which party is in power we're just going to see more of the same from both sides. IMO that just encourages those who would like to destroy us, and we may just end up doing it from within.

#21     Oct 4, 2006
  2. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Common Dems. You can do better than this. Four weeks to go. Republicans still 1-0.

#22     Oct 4, 2006
  3. Ever hear of a democracy? I'm more concerned with the one-sided countries, e.g., the Taliban or the Sauds.

#23     Oct 4, 2006
  4. It's not a democracy when neither side has a willingness to compromise on any and all issues. A government just can't work that way. It's impossible for any one side to get 100% of what it wants 100% of the time. That's where we seem to be and that just can't last without all of us suffering dire consequences.

#24     Oct 4, 2006
  5. Artie21

Artie21

Hapaboy says this will just encourage those who want to destroy us. Bwaaaa,
    what a lame dick.

"Don't denounce my party, cuz if you do, the terrorists'll get us. Dog gonit. Gubment's got to have a free hand."

The problem, Hapaboy, is that free hand is down your nephew's pants.

Oh wait, I am so sorry, I didn't understand the depth of your ideological and existential purity.

#25     Oct 5, 2006
  6. On the contrary, the United States functions best when Congress is too divided to take any action. Unfortunately, lawmakers have this innate need to keep creating new laws every year, even when existing laws are sufficient. We are all safest when Congress is locked up in an internal power struggle. The fewer new laws they enact, the better. When both parties actually agree on something, we're usually headed for trouble.

-Raystonn

#26     Oct 5, 2006
  7. This is true. In fact, it would be even better if the congress and the presidency are split between the two parties - Reagan era in the 80's and the Clinton era in the 90's were two of the best periods for this country. Sure in both periods there were numerous scandals. The government was divided but the country was not.

Now, the government is unified in its hypocrisy and incompetence, and the country is deeply divided.

#27     Oct 5, 2006
  8. Oh yes, those Dems are so mean and nasty. The noble Republipukes would NEVER, ever do something underhanded. Oh, my no.

<yawn> you are such a predictable idealogical bore.

bt

#28     Oct 5, 2006
  9. #29     Oct 5, 2006
  10. LOL, the party of Karl Rove, the party of Swift Boaters, the party of Lee Atwater, the party of "if you are not with us you are a terrorist sympathizer" would never do something like that. LOL, that's too funny.

#30     Oct 5, 2006