Driving The Mentally Challenged To Vote Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 2, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Democrats will skirt the law and use anybody to get a vote. This is disgusting.

Jimmy Green's stepdaughter had never voted before. The 57-year-old is mentally disabled, and Green said she doesn't understand the concept of casting a ballot.

But this week, she called her parents to say she had voted for President Obama. The care home in Fayetteville where she lives registered its residents to vote and drove them to the polls, Green said.

"My concern is that somebody told her who to vote for," he said. "She didn't even know there's two different parties."

Complaints of uncomprehending voters being ferried to cast ballots surface every election. And in a presidential race as close as this year's, with huge levels of early voting, any perceived irregularity is falling under intense scrutiny.

But federal and state laws are very clear - there is no competency test for voting.

"The law specifically says that anyone with a disability is allowed to have assistance from anyone that they choose," said Terri Robertson, director of the Cumberland County Board of Elections. "As long as they can communicate to us in some way that they need assistance and who they wish to have assistance from, the law allows it."

In 2010, Gary Bartlett, the state elections director, issued a memo to county boards clarifying the law.

"In the absence of evidence of systematic fraud," Bartlett wrote, "the presumption should work in favor of the opportunity of the voter to vote."

Don Talbot said he saw vans full of mentally disabled voters brought to the polls time and again during his years as a former precinct chief in Cumberland County. He said it often appeared they had little input in completing the ballot.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/11/01/1214384?sac=fo.local

2. Max E.

Max E.

If this ever changed the democrats would be toast, thats why they always cry racism whenever the subject is brought up, they rely on the most uninformed, incompetent, and in this case mentally challenged people in order to survive.

it shouldnt be much of a surprise they are dragging mentally challenged people to the polls, the mentally challenged people probably know just as much as the average democratic voter does.

3. +1

4. There's a difference?:confused:

5. pspr

pspr

These people aren't 'deciding' to vote for Obama. They are being instructed to vote for Obama. Can you prove it? Probably not since your witness is not credible in a court.

6. pspr, if we are riding you so hard that you find yourself driven to vote for Obama, please accept my apologies.

7. wjk

wjk

I'm not suggesting anything L-K, but that sounds like something my old friend Brass would say.:eek:

8. pspr

pspr

Don't concern yourself Kaboom. I've already voted several times and none of them were for the 'O'. :D

9. Brass was and is a brilliant wordsmith.

10. I think that Omegapoint would say the same thing.

#10     Nov 2, 2012