Driving in Russia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jficquette, Jan 17, 2013.

1. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPkE2hHneP4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Nice vid LOL !!!!

3. epic

4. 1) The "Rules of the Road" are an afterthought over there?
    2) I nearly had an aneurysm from laughing so hard at 0:52, 3:18, 9:14, 9:54 and 10:04. :D :D :D :D

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I drove there, primarily in Moscow, for many years. It's lunacy. There simply are no real rules for driving, or parking for that matter, in the city. The GAI (street cop that you see with the yellow vest) will try to pull you over if they see you doing something seriously wrong, but you can pay minimal amounts of money to get out of it.

I had a Brit friend who was pulled over for DWI, paid $100 and got out of it, had the militia guys drive him back to his flat and make sure he got home. Told him to get his car the next day where he was pulled over.

Outside of the city, the rules just get that much more lax, and it's wild west.

6. +1

And they are so matter-of-fact about all the carnage! Guys get run into when they walk in front of buses and trucks - they just walk away like no big deal. Crazy farkers passing lines on the right and crashing - so what? :p

In the US it would be Lawsuit City...