Drinking & Trading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scalping_dimes, Jan 18, 2003.

1. "Nobody seemed to understand the meaning & symbolism of my former handle. I think I'll have slightly better chances with this one. "

Been a long time since I read Ayn Rand but something sounds familiar

#11     Jan 18, 2003
  2. That is a good start for the morning, but, what do you do in the afternoon?

#12     Jan 18, 2003
  3. Ever notice there isn't a group called Mothers Against Stoned Drivers? Are stoned drivers a problem? Do stoners beat their wives(husbands), lose their jobs, get in fights at the bars? Are they prone to missing days at work? Is there a national organization called Potheads Anonymous or something similar? When the celebrities go to rehab, what are they in for... pot rehab... or cocaine, painkiller, and alcohol rehab?

So if one is going to inebriate, not that they should... but if they are going to, I would way rather have them smoke pot than drink alcohol.

:)

#13     Jan 18, 2003
  4. LEGALIZE WEED!!!!!!

#14     Jan 18, 2003
  5. sammybea

sammybea

honestly, one drink may help, and certainly won't hurty your trading. the problem is that too many people think of daytrading as vegas, and won't stop at one drink. the self control won't be there. personally take a glass of wine during lunch everyday. And yes it does help take the edge off and personally helps with the trading

#15     Jan 18, 2003
  6. Then why wait until lunch... unless for you lunch is before the trading day starts?

#16     Jan 18, 2003
  7. inandlong,

i can recall a time when i MIGHT have smoked something, drove a car, and said to my passengers: "i can't feel my feet." :D i also remember being on an onramp getting on the highway. it was at night and seeing all the headlights whiz by really drove me nuts.

i'm no pothead, but i'm not really against legalizing weed. especially, in the privacy of your own home. i don't see why that's so bad. if it is legalized, you definitely should not be allowed to drive a car, too. of course, i'm pretty sure you'd agree.

#17     Jan 18, 2003
  8. Unfortunatly reason has nothing to do with drug laws.

#18     Jan 18, 2003
  9. Drinking while trading is one of the best things you could due. You will be able to not get attached to anything. When you are drunk you have more confidence, you don't want to be depressed when trading. What I suggest is to try just a six pack every morning before the open then graduate to a 12 pack and so on By the first month you should consider vodka for a more potent open. Then after 6 months review your performance and see what amount of alcohol get your best profit ratio to alcohol. Trial and error will show you the way.

#19     Jan 18, 2003
  10. A trader needs weed, like a fish needs fresh air.

The government has no business telling people what they can and can't smoke in the privacy of their homes, however a trader needs to realize that weed is toxic to one's own ambition.

The term "Stoner Self made millionaire " is very rare for a reason.

#20     Jan 18, 2003