dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganist, Dec 28, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

i was just thinking about dreams. when i have a dream sometimes i am in a place i have never been before or seen. however the design is perfect and flowing. the architecture of the building is there the details of objects and decorations etc. this is my point how can i devise a building in my head instaneously with objects and decorations that is flows whilst i am in the dream experiencing it. it means i am creating that environment and experiencing it too. so if you think about how big a task that is to do that and how much computing power it would take not to mention imagination to create that each night it makes me wonder.

do we set that environment or have we been given it or have we been to the place we see before. either way it means there is more to it than i first thought. some people say you see what you experienced in recent events or deal with troubles fears etc. however sometimes i am in places i have never seen or could have seen. i also find i meet with people in my dreams and experience human behaviour this behaviour was not previously experienced but later happened although not in the dream context. i have learned things from my dreams because of this social understanding and would not of in real life. thus can you learn from your dreams the reality of human nature and interaction if so they are of use.

have any of you experienced this. what are you thoughts on this.

2. You might check out some of my posts on dreams, hypnosis and the subconscious mind.

3. I dream and code systems while I nap or sleep.

4. Theres a systematic approach to dreaming called Lucid Dreaming thats been around now for decades. There are websites that a keyword search will get you to them. It proposes that with practise you can control how your dream unfolds and gain a heightened sense of awareness of your immersion in the dream.
    One of the techniques suggests that after awakening lay there in bed and go over the details of your dream; even write them down. Don't disturb the wavelength you just left too drastically, I guess is the idea. After doing that ...I don't know how many times ... you'll supposedly get a greater recall of your dreams details eventually gaining the ability to control its direction. Check out one of the websites for the whole story on it. But leave Jessica Alba alone ...she's mine.

5. I frequent dream about trading and it is just as detail as in real life.

I think dreams are really simulation our brains generated to train our cognitive process and prepare our minds to handle the actual situations.

Anyway, that's just my silly interpretation of dreams.

6. am creating that environment and experiencing it too. so if you think about how big a task that is to do that and how much computing power it would take not to mention imagination to create that each night it makes me wonder.
    ------------------------------

What I've wonder about if any artists have painted their dreams

I'd imagine they colored their interepreted realities but it would be interesting if they woke up from a dream and painted what they dreamed then searched it out in real life.

ps

I have had a re occuring dream of a staircase and I thought where it might be but the place is long since been demolished. Pffftt.. anyone whom I might ask would not understand.