Dream watch?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IShopAtPublix, Nov 2, 2008.

1. All true, but you can't compare a rolex to a patek. Pateks are handmade individually, rolexes, all of them, are mass produced in the factory. Theyre all nice in their own right. The more expensive pateks and vacherons are usually the tourbillon minute repeaters. Very involved movements. Watchmakers have an extraordinary talent.

One of my favorite watches would be a Ulysses Nardin Freak Blue Phantom.

If I could run a small list:

Patek Annual Calendar
    UN Freak Blue Phantom
    James Bond Rolex Submariner on Nato Strap (own)
    YG Rolex GMT Master II
    YG Audemars Piguet Royal Oak (soon)

And starting to become a fan of vintage Seikos, they're very retro but cool if you pull it off the right way.

#21     Mar 12, 2010
  2. bronks

bronks

This is as far as I would go, even if I was 50 mil liquid:

[​IMG]

A little over a grand, USD.

#22     Mar 12, 2010
  3. #23     Mar 12, 2010
  4. If you have a watch like that, would you rather wear the replica and keep the original on display at home?

#24     Mar 12, 2010
  5. Take a look at this
    http://www.rolex.com/en#/world-of-rolex/the-rolex-company/classic-art/

Click on play video a classic art.

In there rolex claims that ALL rolex watches are hand assembled. I read somewhere that rolex makes 500,000 watches a year and patek made like 75,000 in its entire existence. I don't know whether it is true but I would not be surprised.

I think it comes down to purpose(and size of pocketbook!). If I wanted people to notice my watch from some distance I would choose rolex submariner in 18K gold all around. A more extreme situation is to choose a watch "soaked" in diamonds but then you would need body guards to walk with you.

I like the watch I mentioned at the beginning of the thread because of its design. It seems elegant to me and the average person would not be able to tell what it is. The price is extreme even obscene, but if you are at berlusconi level (or even rush limbaugh level) you can drop half a million or 600K on watch you can wear your life time (and your children too)

#25     Mar 12, 2010
  6. I have 2 texas timexs

Both are stainless steel straps, one is a datejust gold, which i love , had it since 2003 , still rolling on 2010 , bought it used too (circa 1999)

The important thing is = the strap should be stainless steel, leather just doesn't last that long and it'll have to be replaced eventually.
    I wear it 24/7, I had to replace the screws connecting the watch to the strap TWICE (when you throw a punch, the thing literally busts open)
    I've also had weights fall on my watch by accident, luckily on the strap, ,the face which is some type of diamond crystal is nice too, doesn't scratch.
    Texas timex or not, the resale value is usually 70% of the new price, so I'm getting my wear on them, I've been really pushing it towards usability.
    Time becomes inaccurate like 5 minutes every 2 months, I don't know if its just me or what, I just re-wind it. noting too big.

-------------

next watch if I would get one, probably not, because this datejust looks like its undestructuable,
    Would be the presedential used, around $16k.
    Lot of metal in it, so it should stand up to my roughness.

I would not get any watch with a leather strap.

---------------

The things i focus on a watch is
    1) roughability , STEEL (how much can I rough it up
    2) resellability (wide name brand = higher resale value)
    3) pussy magnet, I'd get more pussy wearing a presdential then a patek. period.

don't snub things that get your more pussy :D

#26     Mar 13, 2010
    #27     Mar 13, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Keep at it kid, someday you'll get promoted to stock boy and eventually assistant to the assistant manager.

Then you can get that watch you've always wanted. And maybe even that used pinto you see every day riding the bus to Publix.

#28     Mar 14, 2010
  9. [​IMG]

#29     Mar 15, 2010
  10. Oh my, they are so shiny!

Is the one on the left encrusted with diamonds? It's too shiny, I can't see clear. :)

#30     Mar 15, 2010