Dream watch?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IShopAtPublix, Nov 2, 2008.

1. That's a fine looking time peice, surf. Although i would half expect a cuckoo to pop out of it, I like the styling!

I rather imagine, if you recognised someone else wearing one of these, you don't stand around gushing over it, or how much it cost.......you tell your chauffeur to arrange a power meeting to discuss each others current plans for world domination etc.

"More like a masonic handshake than a watch":D

I quite like this for example,

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collect...quartz-chronograph/index.lbl?w=CAH1112.BT0714

not a uber luxury brand, but trying to sell the "image" smacks of desperation, as you point out, passe. The red dial and clean lines i like, funky.

Seriously, how many people are actually yachtsmen, racing drivers, navy seals, astronauts ?
    Just once, I'd like to see a brand like this come up with
    "Inspired by world dart's champions, and as used by Golf champ Long John Daly, this fine watch comes with a standard drinks timer, adjustable for pints, schooners, middies, shots, cans and all international alcoholic beverage measurements, to help keep you under the limit."

#11     Nov 5, 2008
  2. Before I knew anything about good watches I gravitated towards Rolex based on brand name recognition. Then I found out that Rolex sells more watches in one year as Patek-Philippe sold in its entire existence.

Plus Rolex is counterfeited to an obscene level. If I had cash I would want to make sure no drug dealer kiddie would have the same watch. A patek-philippe is generally a watch of elegeance and not "BLING", so it is pretty much not counterfeited.

#12     Nov 5, 2008
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

remind me of CSI New York
    jewel-encrusted Madagascar hissing cockroach
    [​IMG]

#13     Nov 5, 2008
  4. My real name is Doris

#14     Nov 6, 2008
  5. The watch I mentioned turned to out to be worth WAY WAY more than anybody could imagine. Try 600K+ and you wait 1-2 years for it to get made (they are made to order)

[​IMG]

#15     Mar 11, 2010
  6. $600,000 just for a watch? That better be the most accurate watch in the whole freak'n universe! lol

What's the resale value like?

#16     Mar 11, 2010
  7. Gcapman

Gcapman

Dukascopy has an awesome watch as a prize for their Monthly Trader Contest

#17     Mar 12, 2010
  8. Cassie

Cassie

#18     Mar 12, 2010
  9. Cassie

Cassie

#19     Mar 12, 2010
  10. Pateks hold their value extremely well. If you buy one of those you can be sure it won't depreciate.

For example, Italy's prime minster Berlusconi(he is a billionaire btw) has (had?) a Vacheron Constantin watch valued at 500,000.
    Patek & Vacheron are two bitter rivals and are 1&2 (or 2&1) depending on one's preference. Both of them are WAY WAY more desirable and exclusive than a rolex for example.

A rolex submariner in 18k gold and 18k bracelet, costs 20K for comparison.

#20     Mar 12, 2010