Dream About Material Things; If You Have A Conscience, You'll Never Shake Thi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 9, 2009.

1. No one has attempted to explain the co-existence of such incredible human misery and suffering as depicted in the OP and a benevolent G_d, yet.

Much religious doctrine and philosophy attempts to rationalize this discord, but I've yet to read or hear any that satisfies me completely.

#11     Sep 9, 2009
  2. that is because it cant be explained. the only path left for believers is to somehow rationalize it.

#12     Sep 9, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

How could one be completely satisfied? Why should any of us be? We are beings of multiple emotions, grief and anger among them of course. Becoming wise is not easy, one must labor for it, like everything else of value.

#13     Sep 9, 2009
  4. Hey ByLo, you are one of the best posters on ET, but damn why don't you get outside and do something, I think all this is getting to you today.:D

#14     Sep 9, 2009
  5. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peilthetraveler, if you see that vulture eat YOUR baby, you still think the vulture is the gift from god for YOU to eat?

#15     Sep 9, 2009
  6. even bigger question. after the vulture had eaten several starving children possibly even including his own would Peilthetraveler kill and eat the buzzard and call it a gift from god?

#16     Sep 9, 2009
  7. If i was to kill the vulture, why would i wait until after it ate my kids?

#17     Sep 9, 2009
  8. Hey Vhehn...when was the last time you donated money to those starving kids in africa? If you dont donate regularly, then by the same standard you use, that would make you a cruel bastard for not helping them also, right?

#18     Sep 9, 2009
  9. if the vulture still lives in that drought area it lives because it has probably eaten other children in the past. would you eat a vulture that you had witnessed eating little children and call it a gift from god?

#19     Sep 9, 2009
  10. isnt that a little like the us military waiting for me to come help them win in iraq. the christian god is described as a loving all knowing all powerful god. in the bible story he caused it to rain down food on command. why do you give him a pass when he clearly has the ability to save that child but refuses to do so? does he really love the little children in that picture?

#20     Sep 9, 2009