Draw pictures of Bush, get interrogated by Secret Service - we live in 1984

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 27, 2004.

1. This is just plain sick (not the kid) -

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/04/27/artwork.investigated.ap/index.html

Secret Service questions student on drawings

PROSSER, Washington (AP) -- Secret Service agents questioned a high school student about anti-war drawings he did for an art class, one of which depicted President Bush's head on a stick.

Another pencil-and-ink drawing portrayed Bush as a devil launching a missile, with a caption reading "End the war -- on terrorism."

The 15-year-old boy's art teacher at Prosser High School turned the drawings over to school administrators, who notified police, who called the Secret Service.

"We involve the police anytime we have a concern," Prosser Superintendent Ray Tolcacher told the Tri-City Herald newspaper.

Secret Service agents interviewed the boy last Friday. The student, who was not arrested, has not been identified.

The school district disciplined him, but district officials refused to say what the punishment was. Tolcacher said the boy was not suspended.

The artwork was apparently part of an assignment to keep a notebook of drawings, according to Kevin Cravens, a friend of the boy's family.

The drawing that drew the most notice showed a man in what appeared to be Middle Eastern-style clothing, holding a rifle. He was also holding a stick with an oversize head of the president on it.

The student said the head was enlarged because it was intended to be an effigy, Cravens said. The caption called for an end to the war in Iraq.

A message left by The Associated Press with an after-hours duty officer with the Secret Service in Washington, D.C., was not immediately returned on Monday.

"If this 15-year-old kid in Prosser is perceived as a threat to the president, then we are living in '1984'," Cravens said.

Tolcacher insisted it was not a freedom of speech issue, but a concern over the depiction of violence.

"From what I saw, [school officials] were right to be concerned," Prosser Police Chief Win Taylor said.

2. Your tax money at work...

3. Out of all the teachers on that entire page, the only one that doesn't have an e-mail link is the art teacher.

Go figure.

4. Morons.

You'd think that school officials would have better things to do!
    Just goes to show what happens when no one in the school administration steps up to the plate and takes responsibility for making a freaking decision.

What a joke.

5. TigerO

TigerO

Time for Regime change at home:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Riiight, and what are yah gunna say...?

"It's NOT like he sent anthrax!"

Oh shit! Now their probably gunna come after me!

BARON, QUICK, BAN ME AND BURN MY IP ADDRESS!

OH YEAH, AND SEND MYTWOCENTS OVER TO MY HOUSE - THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!

(btw, I draw lots of pictures of bush - I just don't turn them in to my teacher. this makes me smarter than that kid. does it say if the kid is a Muslim?)

to