Dramatic Fall In Obama's Approval Ratings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Jan 28, 2009.

1. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

A week and a half ago 73% of people had a favorable opinion of Obama.

Just recently after four new polls Obama's job approval ratings have slipped an entire ten points to 63%.

I made the prediction on 1/23 when his ratings were at 73% that in 4-5 months his job approval ratings will be hovering around 50%. Today I am going to change the prediction and predict that Obama's rating will be below 50% in the next 4-5 months.

I also predict in the next 360 days his approval rating will slip below 45% due to more failed stimulus packages.

I believe these stimulus packages will define Obama's presidency and cause him to lose in 2012 unless he decides to focus more on tax relief.

The most amazing aspect of this drop in ratings is that these polls were taken before the stimulus bill was passed today.

2. The stimulus bill is full of chaff but it does contain a lot of tax cuts, which is good. However, hopefully the consequential inflation will push the dollar lower and oil and other commodities higher, which will benefit large cap tech, multinationals, energy, and commodity stocks. Stocks did very well between 2002-2008 when there was creeping inflation.