Dragon pattern

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pekelo, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Since we have been in an uptrend in the last couple of days, in didn't take too long for the upside down version to turn up:

[​IMG]

Height: 7 pts

Failure: at 3 pts (SMA line)

3rd top: 5 pts

As mentioned in the thread earlier, the 3rd top comes usually 80% of the Height. We got a 3+ pts bounce out of it before the uptrend continued...

#31     Mar 12, 2009
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

After a few days of rallying and having not so good looking upside down versions, here came the beast:

[​IMG]

Height: 9 pts

Failure: at SMA, 3.5 pts

3rd bottom: 10.5 pts (slightly overshot)

Bounce: 5 pts

#32     Mar 19, 2009
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

This morning early birds got the dragon:

[​IMG]

Failure happened at MA, not shown on this chart...

#33     Mar 27, 2009
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

..and another one, showing on the 15 mins Dow chart:

[​IMG]

#34     Mar 27, 2009
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just in case somebody didn't see it:

[​IMG]

The math gave a projected 815 + 52 = 867 3rd top and we did get to 864+ , as good as it gets....Also the upper Bollinger acted as resistance (not shown).
    On the NDX chart the Failure happened exactly on the SMA line, the SPX overshot it a little...

#35     Apr 15, 2009
  6. where have you been?

#36     Apr 15, 2009
  7. JNB

JNB

Peke-

Read this thread last night and spotted the dragon this morning. Decided to try it and made a quick $1,000.

Thank you so much...........I'm shutting down and going to the Cub's game..........

#37     Apr 16, 2009
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

If you are talking about this, this is a unicorn, not a dragon:

[​IMG]

All jokes aside, would you mind posting the chart, because I didn't see anything. There was a small one (5 pts) yesterday just before the open on the futures chart, but other than that, I am not aware of any...

#38     Apr 16, 2009
  9. Of course we will overlook the fact that Suri Dudella wrote about Dragon Patterns in his book or that Dragons have been written about elsewhere..

But if you want to feel like you invented it, then go for it.

#39     Apr 16, 2009
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. Never heard of Suri and don't give a shit.

2. Just because the names are the same, the pattern could be different.

3. An example/chart would have been most helpful, next time you accuse somebody, evidence is welcomed.

4. Do you really care as long as it works?

5.etc.etc.etc

But thanks for contributing.... and I already went for it. :)

P.S.: I got curious and checked his dragon. Had you read and understood both, you should have realized that they are different although they both use W and M:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8331452/Dragon-Pattern

His doesn't use a failure and a 3rd top/bottom. The name similarity is just a coincidence. So if it is OK with you, I still claim authorship with my kind of dragon, which by the way faces the other way.... :)

#40     Apr 17, 2009