Draghi just put a floor under the market, hmm

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Yes. Random. I forgot....

#51     Jul 31, 2012
  2. I just think your better off resorting to believing its more noise and randomness.. Then getting caught up in the small moves of the market... But i'm not a daytrader either soo

#52     Jul 31, 2012
  3. central bankers did squat and ES still trading 30+ pts higher before Draghi pumped the market last thursday. ppt doing a fine job, they should get a raise. too funny but the tape is the tape, don't fight it.

#53     Aug 2, 2012
  4. So here's the drill.

Jobs Report Strong---That's the headline. The rally started when the computers kicked in at 1350 in the spus. Huh?!? So I thought the jobs report was released Friday am. Why did the push start at 12:30 EST Thursday and kick in when Europe opened? Oh yeah that's because the market is far from random......

#54     Aug 3, 2012
  5. Lol. I think this is something like 5th fry day in a row that es was up 30+ pts 24 hour low to high. Randomness, what is that. Central bankers r taking revenge on all those doubting them and this is there way of saying "don't F with us shorts, even if it is obvious a collapse will happen". It certainly is not all that $$$$ on the sidelines pushing this overwieghted pig of a mkt.

#55     Aug 3, 2012
  6. Very good insight. Not wise to wag your tongue at the elephants or you'll get trampled.

#56     Aug 3, 2012
  7. interest rates can't stay down forever..

#57     Aug 3, 2012
  8. On the eleven to twelve hourly bar yesterday, ES's low was 1349.25, just a bit south of 1349.5, the level it settled at at 7AM on 7/26, just after Draghi opened his piehole.
    Buncha shorts doubtless covered, buncha longs gave up.
    Straight up from there.
    Had the NFP been a bad one, they would've explained it as "hopes of QE3". As it is, it's that it was a "good" jobs report (maybe, maybe not, I look at that stuff on the weekends). Either way, all it was was there was no one left to sell, for whatever reason.

#58     Aug 3, 2012
  9. Nym

Nym

+1
    completely agree

#59     Aug 4, 2012
  10. i agree totally with these statements.. if you try to bottle up volatility your just going to get a blow up.. if you try to buy out a bottom all your gonna do is create a extremelly prolonged recession.. they call it recession.. but you know as well as i do that we are in a depression... the numbers are bought up by the fed so that it doesn't look that way.. but this is just fluff... inflated market with devalued dollars.. we are in line for at least a 20 percent correction sooner or later.. we are close to the highs on the indices. and what has really changed?? really!! there is going to be a hell of a sell off.. i wish they owuld have just let the deleveraging happen in a less assisted way.. granted we don't want panic.. but we sure don't want the freaking banks and big players using the potiential panic as leverage to be bailed out...... who makes the rules .. THE MONEY DOES.. devaluing the workers dollar by buying out everyones mistakes and paying the banks back..
    granted most of all of us have played our part in leveraging to much . at least i partcipated.. i paid my dues for it.. the banks sure didn't.. they got made whole by us!...

#60     Aug 4, 2012