Draghi just put a floor under the market, hmm

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Euro WAS the 'new' funding currency for the carry trade. It's a short squeeze from hell.

In addition, US 10 year notes are at all time lows. So if you think this rally is going to get faded you better think again. There's a lot of money on the sidelines that could potentially get pushed into European bonds.

#31     Jul 27, 2012
  2. bonds

bonds

The market we live in now is completely owned and manipulated by central bankers. I think pretty much everyone around here knows the economy is deteriorating and if it werent for the central bankers intervening the markets would collapse on its own.
    Long gone are the days where the stock market is an indicator of the economy, its now just an inflated, manipulated, algorithm of the central banks.

It seems like the worse the economy gets, the more QE we get, more money printing, more intervention, higher the stock market will go.

#32     Jul 27, 2012
  3. vinden1

vinden1

What would be the outcome of Mario Draghi's new action? Will it be fruitful for the European market? It would be interesting to see the results....

#33     Jul 27, 2012
  4. thats like starting out a statement with.. "trust me" or "honestly" haha now why would he need to sound so convincing? hahah

#34     Jul 27, 2012
  5. I think you are still drunk from the 2008 election kool-aid they served up.

#35     Jul 27, 2012
  6. And no it is not a matter of opinion, it is called common sense bud.

#36     Jul 27, 2012
  7. bonds

bonds

Looks like Merkel saw what Dragi's comments did for the market and decided to chime in too, giving the markets another easy triple digit gain today.

They are probably laughing somewhere, "see how easy it is to get the markets to move up!"

#37     Jul 27, 2012
  8. Famous last words. Shorts are getting squeezed.

#38     Jul 27, 2012
  9. Yes, yes, yes. You are in fact better looking, smarter, and entirely correct in all that you say, even if the world disagrees with you.
    Really.*

[size=-2]*Do I care? Nah.[/size]

#39     Jul 27, 2012
  10. The train just keeps movin..... If we snap the downtrend next week, we'll see some real fireworks. Still trading below major pivots though.

#40     Jul 27, 2012