dr doom say worst may be behind us.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Jul 16, 2009.

1. As Pragmatic points out, the recovery is more like a point at which we will stop and stagnate.

This doesn't mean there won't be stock market volatility. The SEC has been actively creating market distortions which increase the probability of stock market bubbles and the Fed is recreating the interest rate policy that fueled the credit bubble. So, yeah, we may be going up in the short term with the same kind of "recovery" we had after the 2001 recession - i.e., not a recovery but a bubble. Given the giant deficit, the rigidity introduced by all the government Czars and new regulation, when whatever bubble the government creates this time bursts, we may be longing for the good ole' days of the 1930's recession.

Personally, I think that people who were burned by the stock market in 2001 threw everything into the housing market instead. Now, that's burst, they seem to be coming back to the stock market - and no price is too high to pay. Risk? What's that?

#11     Jul 16, 2009
  2. every call these twits make is a bull call.

get it?

most gurus are simply stopped clocks who's time has come.

they never get off the stage until its too late.

#12     Jul 16, 2009
  3. Hello vhehn,

I wouldn't state "generational" quite yet !
    My cent and a half would be that if the March lows are not tested by Jan 2010, then I would call the Mar 09 lows a bottom for a least the next 12-18 months.

There is just a lot of financial, economic, political and commodity issues that seem to be heading for a convergence around the 2012-2013 time frame, in my opinion, to call any current low a "generational" bottom.

#13     Jul 16, 2009
  4. dr doom says you are fos.

he is not changing his call.

more bad info from idiots.

#14     Jul 16, 2009
  5. He also came out around 5PM today and said that nothing has really changed . . . and if anything, his views were taken out of CONTEXT.

"Simply put, I am not predicting any economic growth at all this year."

"We are 19 months into a recessionary environment that will last 24 months, so there are 5 more months to go and the "recovery" will be below par growth when it comes."

#15     Jul 16, 2009
  6. i didnt hear his actual comments.

what kind of fool interpreted it as bullish?

#16     Jul 16, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Indeed! That's what I read.

#17     Jul 16, 2009
  8. gearhead

gearhead

This is obviously bullish for Friday :)

#18     Jul 16, 2009
  9. CNBC circus tricks - the clowns get it wrong again.

Clowns, pretend to be foolish in order to amuse the audience. Need a different word, as there seems to be no pretense.

#19     Jul 16, 2009
  10. Jeez, there are probably a couple of thousand stocks that doubled since the March lows. And this guy is turning bullish (or less bearish now)?

I remember seeing this guy. I think he teaches college courses.

#20     Jul 16, 2009