Dr Doom on CNBC- classic stuff

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cdntrader, Sep 27, 2008.

1. I feel bad NYC but their economy is finished and we dont know what kind of draconian measures the government will do to try and stuff this crisis.

#21     Sep 27, 2008
  2. dhpar

dhpar

i watch faber for many years and he is good. also (very likely) he has more experience that anybody else here on ET.

streetwise has obviously some personal problem.

#22     Sep 27, 2008
  3. Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold

-WBY

#23     Sep 27, 2008
  4. toc

toc

Why does this guy talk about wars and bombs? What is his logic and basis, does not make sense. Buying land makes sense in the way that one can do own farming and live off like a country nomad but other than that is he speculating RIOTS in the cities?

I thought the man is a market reader not any psychic or future teller!

#24     Sep 27, 2008
  5. i think hes saying this whole system could fail which could lead to somewhere unpleasant

#25     Sep 27, 2008
  6. TT1

TT1

Faber trades. In the 1990's I worked for a financial firm that handled his accounts.

Yes he has several hundred million under manangement.

#26     Sep 27, 2008
  7. TT1

TT1

Listen to what Erin said. In his report he was quoting "someone else" who said the SPX would fall to 500. Marc Faber never said SPX to fall to 500, he was quoting some else, get the facts straight !!!

#27     Sep 27, 2008
  8. fed = drug dealer

like the analogy Marc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMejqeqwQyU

I really agree with Jim Rogers in that the Fed's days are numbered. The public is finally waking up and are pissed. Thousands of everyday citizens are writing their government letters and one day we will demand the fed be disbanded.

So as i read all these doom and gloom threads i think to myself:

Say we do have a financial meltdown and markets go down 60% and some traders have short positions on some s&p contracts or short positions in stocks, will they get paid?

The books i read on the Great Depression mentioned shorts got paid but they were seen as anti-American and blamed for the collapse. I'm sure as traders we could sleep at night with the negative label but not getting positions honored is another thing.

#28     Sep 27, 2008
  9. TT1

TT1

#29     Sep 28, 2008
  10. TraderJOE LMFAO thanks for that!
    "Let them bitch about the shorts"
    Faber is so funny, just tells it like it is.

#30     Sep 28, 2008