Dr Doom on CNBC- classic stuff

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cdntrader, Sep 27, 2008.

1. http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=868863712&play=1

now THIS is a bear lol.

he sees spx BELOW 500.

he says to buy farm land outside cities to avoid bombs on cities. he says to hold physical gold OUTSIDE of the USA. He says to hold shares as cash will be worthless.

He does says the mkt is due for a bounce. I guess it will be your last chance to get liquid and head for the boonies lol.

:)

2. NGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

Not this goon again , what fuck does he know anyway.

and I hat his voice NNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

It's always the same old thing over and over again. We all know what's going to happen we don't need endless repetitions of the obvious.

And no it's not bull market we may get a bounce but this thing is going down big time soon

He doesn't even trade .

Bring on some real men like Dachille and Hugh Hendry .

3. Might be a good idea to own guns and bullets just in case.

A sailboat might be handy. If things get dangerous then a trader could anchor out at sea for a few weeks.

4. I have kept track of what he says when on tv and I have to say
    he's very good. Not a subscriber to his doom and gloom report so wouldn't know for sure but he 's certainly better than a lot of other gurus fluff talking on CNBC. Usually you don't want to bet against his medium or long term outlook.

5. I have been looking for a small farm in the last six months…

6. So you expect a bomb'd be dropped on your roof in the future.:D

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

I saw that interview and immediatly googled farmland in montana....nice shit out there

8. NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

How can you bet against a non trader that's a definitive impossibility.

Stop being a liberal bleeding heart.

9. Rimping

Rimping

As far as I know Marc Faber manages a fund of a couple of hundreds of million dollars.
    I don't know his track record though.
    I always like to hear him. I think he is one of the more interesting commentators on the markets and the economy.
    Not that it has anything to do with my trading, for that I don't listen to anybody.

10. Where I live (and where Faber comes from as well) we all have a bunker in the basement and all male citizens have assault rifles. Not that they want to mess with anyone though.

And yes last time I heard Faber had 300 mil under management .

#10     Sep 27, 2008