Dr. Diane Hamilton Interviews Billionaire Ken Fisher of Fisher Investments

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by dealmaker, Jan 1, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

1) attitude + activity = success

2) resumes are meaningless what's important is what people will do not what they can do

3) continuous learning/ improvement post formal education is essential for success

4) know yourself

5) do not merchandise at an interview

Questions to ask interviewer :

a) what is the interview process

b) what is it that I can do that best helps your firm

c) what is it that I should know about your firm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Fisher

2. fan27

fan27

Nice find! He also stated that if you are a good hiring manager you will hire good employees about 60% of the time so you need a system for getting rid of the ones that don't work out.

dealmaker likes this.
  3. truetype

truetype

I have a lot of respect for Fisher, but... he's a billlionaire because he's a great asset-gatherer. Anyway thanks for the interview summary.

ironchef, zdreg and dealmaker like this.
  4. zdreg

zdreg

you can't be good at everything but the fact is he is a billionaire outweighs all.

as to hiring there's a philosophy which says leave the position open until you find your ideal candidate.

lovethetrade, dealmaker and fan27 like this.
  5. %%
    Wise choices, he mentioned also.I usually get something out of his forecast, even if i dont buy into his megacap suggestions+ all the European...... But early last year right on tech; + as of DEC 28 avoid small cap value+ dont believe all the fake news.:cool:

dealmaker likes this.
  6. truetype

truetype

Which is fine, unless there's work to be done right now!

Pekelo likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

as previously said it depends on your philosophy. you can use current members of your work force to do the work. if necessary you postpone activities. you don't hire a body that you are not certain fits into your organization. it is a philosophy. you are entitled to your opinion what is necessary.

8. RRY16

RRY16

Agree and he has a slew of lawyers to keep disgruntled clients and employees quiet..

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Sig

Sig

It's telling that the company has hundreds of people working in sales and fewer than a dozen actually researching and picking stocks. I'll give it to him that he built a very effective sales machine. But otherwise he's a crappy asset manager and shitty employer. It's pretty rich that he's giving advice in this particular area, the company is infamous for treating it's employees like crap and big employee turnover as a result, as well as a shockingly high number of employee and customer lawsuits as mentioned. Come to think of it, they probably spend significantly more on legal than stock picking and asset management as well. Slimey.

sle likes this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is a rather low standard, slightly better than a coin flip.

#10     Jan 5, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.