Dr. Deco's Cure for Overtrading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Excuse me, I am an admitted idiot when it comes to the protocols of trading.

I have NEVER read a book on trading, although I have made a living trading for more than ten years.

I prefer to spend my reading time reading and rereading the universal truthes as asserted by the likes of Shakespeare, Sophocles and F. Scott Fitzgerald, to name but a few.

I trade on my wits and as this is a PSYCHOLOGY thread, and I find it the most appropritate place on this forum to offer up my remarks, as unsophisticated as they may be when compared to traders who have read books on trading and who familiar with real trading terms.

#21     Aug 10, 2009
  2. I am a newbie using ET to stimulate my brain by arguing with myself. I do not recognize some of the characters I have created in my ET dream but I never meant to offend anyone. If you are a real being and I have offended you, I apologise.

#22     Aug 10, 2009
  3. You have NOT offended me.

I appreciate your CIVILITY.

Civility is such a rare commodity in this millenium, even rarer in cyberspace, and almost NEVER expressed on this forum.

#23     Aug 10, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Dr. Deco

Please enlighten me Sir…

How can I go about developing a mind so clear and unencumbered – while trading – as the picture you posted Sir?

Regards

RN

#24     Aug 10, 2009
  5. RN, it is all a matter of being able to cut through the haze of distraction and prioritize. Novelty is the worst part of it, as the market coughs up a different hairball every day. Take this simple test for me. Were someone to offer you your choice of the following at no charge, which would you take?:

a) a case of incomprehensibly-named but hideously expensive Japanese beer

b) a month's subscription to a trade service that makes outrageous profit claims

c) fifteen minutes in the back of your pickup with a strange piece of ass.

If you are what you claim to be, a true redneck, your heritage leaves you no choice.

#25     Aug 10, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Sorry I would have to pass on all accounts

C is desirable - But my family (at this stage of life) is precious

btw - How did you know I have a pickup :D

eta - and I like Coors Light Beer

RN

#26     Aug 10, 2009
  7. Arthur, I must apologize for at some point seeming to hijack your thread.

I have a question for you.

You mentioned the group's penchant for self-medication, how do you and the group look on those who drink their wine from a box?

#27     Aug 10, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

You mean to tell me there is another kind????

#28     Aug 10, 2009
  9. Yes there is, wine in a box is a new discovery for me.

I LOVE the technology.

Five less battles with a corkscrew is almost Nirvana.

I gave wine in a box a try after listening to Kathy Griffin on Bravo joking about how her mother drank wine from a box.

I AIN'T looked back since.

#29     Aug 10, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Sorry - I meant other than in a box (you know Boone's Farm and the like):D :D :D

#30     Aug 10, 2009