Dr. Barry Burns

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Maybe he can help your trading more than Tharp or Steenbarger. The bar isn't set very high by those two, if you know what I mean...

I have used self-hypnosis in the past with ok results to quit addictions.

#11     Jul 22, 2011
  2. cloudy

cloudy

#12     Jul 22, 2011

3. Maybe it works, I have no idea. I have no issue with hypno or NLP--- problem is with someone calling themselves Doctor when it's not real and actually illegal in many places to use this title not from an accredited school.

#13     Jul 22, 2011
  4. cloudy

cloudy

I bought into his courses, the beginner and intermediate over two years ago. There is a "psychology" bonus blurb but nothing really on NLP or hypnosis. Just the usual regurgitated trader psychologically stuff, "keep your losers small, and let your winners run" mantra.

And a recommended overlong "printable form" to write down every trade details and what went wrong journal.

To be fair, it's a compiled version of trading with the usual suspects , indicators, psychology, etc. which may be helpful to someone completely new to trading, but nothing you can't find for free on the internet. His voice and personality does have a pleasant demeanor and newbies can get comfortable with his videos so that's a plus if you want a friendly presentation. That's one major thing where he trumps other vendors with a pushy , indifferent, or condescending attitude in their videos and webinars. Unfortunately, the system using three indicators, a moving average or two and two time frames simply does not work. Even on the rare case 4 out of 5 "energies" match up, price more often than not reverses. You are better off scalping every dip than waiting hours for an "alignment of the energies".

Of course he could have changed his material by then. I got spammed email ads for his "advanced" course and two new courses on "price action", one basic , and the other "advanced". But anyone can try them out and report back here their experiences.

#14     Jul 22, 2011
  5. cloudy

cloudy

lol. I got this continuing spam email ad. Check this out! guy flies an FA-18 for real!

http://topgunoptions.com/service-special/

#15     Jul 22, 2011