Dr. Barry Burns

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by rkl, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cloudy

cloudy

I bought into his courses a couple of years ago. The day trading and swing trading one. Completely just regurgitated from free stuff you can find on numerous websites. I even tried the online webinars and recorded live trading for $99/month. Not even actual live trading or signals. He never made a big winner on his live recordings , always called them "scratches" when they were really stopouts or losers. Most of the time is just scrolling back and back on history and seeing 'oh here's a trade here and there. Look at that, it just keeps trending up and up ' .

This fibonacci material on his site now is new. Well, they all need to continuously upgrade their advertising.. The educational material may be of some value for newbies, but why bother, since all this stuff can be found for free? Since then, Ive seen real evidence of day traders who make winners in real time on other webinars, and so no, I don't believe Burns trades for a living, or even knows how to trade.

#11     May 30, 2011
  2. price action is where it's at anyhow imo, which only comes with screen time, thousands of hours of it...

#12     May 30, 2011
  3. rkl

rkl

Thanks for your your replies. I did a little research on my own and decided to stick with price action , thanks

#13     May 30, 2011
  4. elite trader?!?! trolls are us more like, you just reminded me why i don't bother with this forum anymore...

#15     May 30, 2011
  5. Truth hurts, BB? Better be careful where you call yourself Doctor-- it's grounds for prison in some jurisdictions if your not a doctor. Good alias by the way fibbin... LOL!!

#16     May 30, 2011
  6. p!ss off stalker...

actually answer me this, have you even ever looked at the material in his courses?

#17     May 30, 2011
  7. to the op, honest appraisal of the course:

system is crap, doesn't work sub m15, signals are too infrequent..

that said, the course is a good introduction to technical analysis for noobs..

however it is overpriced, for what it is, I have only seen his foundation courses and so couldn't possibly comment on his other stuff, AS I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OF IT!!!

#18     May 30, 2011
  8. daikusan

daikusan

I did buy his foundations 1 and 2 system. I had never traded before and thought it would be a good place to start.

He uses a system that has 5 different energies as he calls them.

Trend- 50ema
    Cycle- stocastic
    momentum- macd
    support and resistance
    fractals- multiple time charts

I dont really know how well it works because I never had a clean setup in over 70 hours of watching forex charts.

keep in mind I was and am still very new at trading so his system may work for all I know.

I did learn a lot of different things about the indicators like divergence and waves so I dont feel like it was a waste of time.

My time limit for my 90 day moneyback guarantee was almost up so I asked for a refund.

I was refunded no questions asked within a few hours on a Sunday no less.

I have nothing bad to say about his company.

#19     May 30, 2011
  9. my responses were to the users operator and dalmation, since the pair of them are such frickin' weirdos, they post antagonistic messages then once they get a response they delete their posts, reminds me of a couple of silly little school girls...

strange that they've both done the same. most likely it's just the one character with schizo multiple user names.

#20     May 31, 2011